sheenat

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for your support on a new puppy. Our new black baby boy cocker spaniel will arrive into our home at the end of December, he is from Irish Clan cocker spaniels here in NSW, he is just adorable and we have been receiving just about daily pictures from Kathryn of our new boy "Harry" again thank you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for your support on a new puppy. Our new black baby boy cocker spaniel will arrive into our home at the end of December, he is from Irish Clan cocker spaniels here in NSW, he is just adorable and we have been receiving just about daily pictures from Kathryn of our new boy "Harry" again thank you.

Great to hear :thumbsup:.

Omg gorgeous :love: that's wonderful :) you must be so excited!

He's a bit cute we are so excited and nervous after having such a well behaved Molly dog in our house for 12 1/2 long years a new puppy will be differn't but sooooo exciting.

What a gorgeous girl Molly

sorry for your loss

but she will always be with you

Harry is so gorgeous

going to be a stunner :)

Ohhhhhhh puppy breath would be lovely again

Thank you Molly was beautiful!!!!! my total soul mate, Harry will be more my daughters dog, the house was toooooo quiet without cocker spaniel footprints in it, so here comes Harry puppy breath and all. Molly has pride of place on our mantel, we still have not put her beds away, and I know I am going to have to do this before "Harry" arrives, but for now I'm happy to leave them where they are.

If using Molly's stuff for Harry would be a bit too confronting for you emotionally, you could always donate Molly's beds and other equipment to rescue, that'd be a nice extra legacy for her - to know her stuff is making other dog's lives better.

Harry's the cutest, when do you get to meet him?

:) I love the name Harry. After I gave my heart dog Chuck his wings I just packed his things away, bowls , blankets, beds, I didn't throw anything out. That was three years ago this month :( Nine months after he passed I started fostering greyhounds and slowly but surely I started to unpack Chucks things. He would love to know that I had too much love to give to not give another dog the wonderful life he had for 16 years. I still have his blanket with his name embroided on it packed away though :)

If using Molly's stuff for Harry would be a bit too confronting for you emotionally, you could always donate Molly's beds and other equipment to rescue, that'd be a nice extra legacy for her - to know her stuff is making other dog's lives better.

Harry's the cutest, when do you get to meet him?

I did take alot of Mollys stuff that I washed to my vet as he does alot of work with the rescue dogs, I just like her beds still where they have always been just for now. We will use Mollys outer beds for Harry but will get new inner bits for him and I will drop all Mollys lovely old girl soft and warm bedding up to the vet again, hopefully for another old dog needing something soft to lie on. We get to meet Harry hopefully around the 30th December or there abouts, the breeder (Kathryn) has been amazing with so many updates and he is only 6days old.

:) I love the name Harry. After I gave my heart dog Chuck his wings I just packed his things away, bowls , blankets, beds, I didn't throw anything out. That was three years ago this month :( Nine months after he passed I started fostering greyhounds and slowly but surely I started to unpack Chucks things. He would love to know that I had too much love to give to not give another dog the wonderful life he had for 16 years. I still have his blanket with his name embroided on it packed away though :)

We have Mollys collar and lead with her tags with her on the mantle, we have only ever had 2 dogs, when Tango passed away before getting Molly I made a huge mistake in cleaning all traces of Tango away from the house nt deliberatly but in a frantic emotional cleaning way and I remember feeling so so empty and as if his life was worthless as I had cleaned him away, so with Molly we left the house un touched really untill her ashes came home and slowly I have been doing bits and pieces and whilst I am doing things I chat away with her. Non animal people would think I was totally mad, but its just how I have dealt with Mollys passing or should say trying to deal with Mollys passing. I sorry for the loss of "Chuck" and he would be so proud of your work with the beautiful greyhounds.

I have just seen that you are on the coast like me, if you would like any of Mollys old dog soft beds please let me know and I can drop them to you for your rescues :o)

I couldnt put Sam's or Tara's beds away ( we had them inside and outside beds )

Tara's bed in computer room hasnt been touched since she passed away in June this year , until recently my CKCS has taken a likeing to the bed

she has her own new bed but chose Tara's

it brings a bit of peace to me that she likes Tara's bed

I gave some things to rescue but there will be things that you wont want to part with for a long time if at all

Cant wait for more pics of Harry :)

I couldnt put Sam's or Tara's beds away ( we had them inside and outside beds )

Tara's bed in computer room hasnt been touched since she passed away in June this year , until recently my CKCS has taken a likeing to the bed

she has her own new bed but chose Tara's

it brings a bit of peace to me that she likes Tara's bed

I gave some things to rescue but there will be things that you wont want to part with for a long time if at all

Cant wait for more pics of Harry :)

I dont know what it is with the beds I just like them to be where they have always been for so long, I moved one the other day when I was doing the cleaning and it was horrible not having it where it should be... so it went straight back. Even my husband has said to leave the beds, we will see what Harry thinks when he arrives??

I have just seen that you are on the coast like me, if you would like any of Mollys old dog soft beds please let me know and I can drop them to you for your rescues :o)

That is very kind of you rescue will appreciate the help, I will PM you sheenat.

I've always loved the idea of passing down bedding to my new dogs.

Poochie's favourite wooden box which we made for her as a puppy still has her teeth marks around the corners from when she was teething. She shared it with Zeus when he was a puppy and since she's been gone, Zeus still loves to squeeze in it even though he's really too big.

It now belongs to Kirah but is still shared by her and Zeus -- it's a way for me to keep my darling Poochie near. I still have her collars and her very last toy -- it's almost brand new but I can't part with it yet, nor can I give it to Zeus and Kirah to destroy. :(