Airline Crate For An Australian Shepherd

Elise+Hudson

Hey guys,

I am flying Hudson from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast in 2 weeks and need to find a crate for the plane, we usually use a collapsible wire crate.

I have seen some relatively inexpensive ones online but not sure of the size I would need? He is a smaller boy and weighs 20kg.

I got a quote to borrow one which was more than the cost of the flights, so need to either borrow or buy one!

You can hire crates at the airport from Dogtainers and JetPets etc. if that's an easier option. I hired one from Dogtainers one way and one directly from Toll Freight (emergency crate) the other. Both cost $50 to hire, and I knew they were airline approved and sturdy.

There has been a group started on Facebook recently called Crate Exchange to help breeders and rescuers move crates around the country as dogs often end up sent and the crate needs to be returned at some point. So this group is intended to connect those needing to move a dog with those needing crates moved. It is only new and not mant members but could be worth asking on there?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278596058928276/?fref=ts