Shampoos

he detergent can be drying i only used it on the legs.

Bellys some people can make the yellow worse & the drier the coat the more it stains.It is easier to just wash or dunk the pee feathers or areas nightly or every second.

Not showing white at present i just use a ice cream container dunk the pee feathers so they don't break,same can be done with whites but when i showed the whites i would wash the area more often just to help it .

Prevention is far easier than using all the products under the sun

Brill cream is great on pee feathers ,you can oil but some create worse issues .

You can simply spray warm water each night to dilute the pee & that works just as well

Edited by showdog

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knew that a simple question of black and white shampoos would turn into such a long (and to me interesting!) thread!!

I now have a list of shampoos I want to try

I love trying new products but my wallet doesnt quite so much :laugh:

I want to give the pangenics a go, also Champion Tails, Kelco, and the Petways ones,I wonder if they do trial sizes?

I bought some bryll cream a few weeks ago to use on his pee feathers on a whim,Im glad I was on the right track :)

Water quality also makes a difference,I find the Perth water very harsh compared to Melb,NSW & Adelaide & that can affect the outcome of a product.

The Kelco i have used & found it very gentle on the coats but then i don't use dog products that often

At the moment - happy with CC Black on Black, and PP White (can't remember exactly what it's called.) But yes, different shampoos suit different coats. Oh, and as you know PME, Rory doesn't have as much white as a lot of BCs.

Water quality also makes a difference,I find the Perth water very harsh compared to Melb,NSW & Adelaide & that can affect the outcome of a product.

The Kelco i have used & found it very gentle on the coats but then i don't use dog products that often

I hadn't thought of the water affecting the products, thanks that's good to know!

A tip from some one with show horses - one of whom is about 80% white (i think you can see him in my signature picsture) Horses are big, i can't afford to be buying $18 bottle of shampoo that last 2 -3 washes when you show every weekend!

The best thing for a snow white coat is wool wash. It is gentle on the coat, and on your hands, and i have not come across anything that gets them as white (tried all the glo-everything, champion tails, show pony colour, cowboy magics you can poke a stick at over the years).

• 2 weeks later...

A tip from some one with show horses - one of whom is about 80% white (i think you can see him in my signature picsture) Horses are big, i can't afford to be buying $18 bottle of shampoo that last 2 -3 washes when you show every weekend!

The best thing for a snow white coat is wool wash. It is gentle on the coat, and on your hands, and i have not come across anything that gets them as white (tried all the glo-everything, champion tails, show pony colour, cowboy magics you can poke a stick at over the years).

Any particular brand of wool wash?