Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCresties

Two Labs And A Schnauzer

16 posts in this topic

I had the pleasure of taking some photos a few weeks back of RubyStar’s labs - Ruby and Millie, and her mums Mini Schnauzer, Pippa. I finally had time to finish editing the shots at the weekend, so with RS’s permission I thought I’d share some here.

Two dark dogs and a light one was fun, but for the first time I went fully manual for most of the shots. Ruby is still too bright in some, but the exposure was better when I told the camera what to do rather than the other way around :laugh: Any tips welcome though for helping with exposure in this situation in the future :)

All three were so well behaved, the labs have the happiest faces, and Pippa is just so cute with her little bright button eyes :D

8216869702_78faf74877_z.jpg

8216868892_1a2522af8b_z.jpg

8215787059_ca82066d6a_z.jpg

8216870082_3274c6c1e8_z.jpg

8216866874_f32506d1ac_z.jpg

8216867294_d8d53648c9_z.jpg

8215784525_ed2fa48596_z.jpg

8215782791_c6fd88e608_z.jpg

8216867958_86d2d48410_z.jpg

8215783243_ceb2d0377d_z.jpg

Full set here :) http://flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/dyD996/

Snook   

I think you did a great job! The photos are gorgeous. :)

I think you did the right thing going fully manual for the shots. The only thing I can think of tip-wise is during the editing process. I've recently been learning about using levels adjustment layers in PS to control the individual parts of a photo. If you did a levels layer and masked out everything except for Ruby you'd be able to control the contrast and exposure on just her and then could do another levels layer and mask out everything except for Millie and adjust just her and so on and so forth. That way you wouldn't be trying to get all of the dogs right just using global adjustments. I have no idea what your proficiency is with PS and whether any of that will make sense to you.. lol.. but if it doesn't let me know and I'll try and put together a better explanation.

Thanks megan and Snook :) and thanks for the tips Snook, it does make sense but my proficiency with PS is nil as I only have LR at the moment, and I think I've already used my allocation of pressies from Santa this year, so it may be a while before I can get PS :( I could really do with it as I'd love to clone out the weird thing behind Ruby in this one. Note to self - pay more attention to the background doofus!

8216866576_39ab37e078_z.jpg

Edited by CrazyCresties

tlc   

Gorgeous photos all of them, I laughed at the little schnauzer head amongst the ivy. Beautiful dogs great job!

I bet RS was wrapped with the pictures!

Beth.   

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos!! (and gorgeous subjects as well!! :D )

Thanks RV :)

What lens have you used for these pics CC?? :)

A mix :laugh: Most were with my Canon 50mm f1.4, and some with the Sigma 17-70 and Sigma 70-200 :)

RubyStar   

Who are those pretty puppies?!?! :D :D

Photos are gooooorgeous!!!! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, CC, I am still in Sydney and fly home Wednesday night. Hope to find time on the weekend to go through them all biggrin.gif