Maremma Pup In Need

Hay guys can someone point me in the right direction, I think my contact details are out of date. Who do I contact for a Matemma pup in Tamworth NSW pound? I can't take him as just would not be in his best interest atm as I have 2 youngsters n 2 teen guardian breeds I'm working with atm myself. I am willing to help with any training n temperament issues n if close enough even visit if needed, I can also help towards his desex.

http://www.facebook....f_t=photo_reply

Thanks guys, they have someone down for him now but was thinking if I could get a bit of a support network set up for him there would be better chance of it working. There is getting a few now needing helped n many are coming out of homes that have no idea n where never told what to expect as that fluff ball matured.

Hmmm, things may have changed as it is a few years since I've spoken with Andrea, but at that time, she told me she had about 20-25 Maremmas and goodness knows how many other dogs.

Might be easier rehoming a pup though.

Andrea has no problems rehoming Maremmas to the right homes. She actually prefers to hold on to them for longer than most rescues so they can be put through their paces and assessed properly to ensure it's the right match.

Good on you Eyeopener for helping this pup! :thumbsup:

Nothing much has changed, but the names of some of the dogs may be different now, as our numbers do go up and down! As we've been doing this what feels like almost forever, and they are all welcome here if they are in need.

Pups of any breed (or breed cross) may be 'easier' to rehome, but the secret is finding the right home for that specific pup. My preference is for the adults, and the oldies are all special.

post-295-0-47176200-1354279593_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, things may have changed as it is a few years since I've spoken with Andrea, but at that time, she told me she had about 20-25 Maremmas and goodness knows how many other dogs.

Might be easier rehoming a pup though.

Thanks guys, they have someone down for him now but I was thinking if I could get a bit of a support network set up for him there would be a better chance of it working.

There are getting a few now needing help and many are coming out of homes that have no idea and were never told what to expect as that fluff ball matured.

I can't see why they have to maligned.

Maremmas are more authentic in the way that you get out of them what you put into them.

Having said that though, they're not for the novice or the pretender.

They really are a breed where some individuals can be not the easiest of dogs(specially through their teen stages)& I really don't think it's as simple as you get what you put into them either. Not all people are prepared for a bored & frustrated adolescent maremma even though they think they are doing all they can by taking said dog for a walk n following some out dated training methods. I think they are a lot easier once you really understand they do work a little different to your average family pet dog & find they don't tend to come up for rehoming again if the owner can be supported by exspreainced Maremma owners etc.

Often they are rehomed for night barker when it's simple just lock them up of a night if not active guardians, or those escape artists can be generally stopped before they start if fencing is decent from the start & precautions taken so they can't do a runner when they back the family car out etc etc..