Peeing In The Water Bowl

We have two small terrier fosters at the moment. They are peeing in their water bowl. When I went out this morning the water was yellow. :vomit:

This is new one to me, my dogs have never done this. One is desexed, the other not (yet). Will need to sort this before they go to new homes, any ideas? TIA.

My Brothers dogs/desexed males, used to pee in the dog bowls when they stayed with me.....water/food It drove me NUTS....I had two females desexed dogs.

The only thing I could do was remove the bowls immediately after food and keep the water bowls up a bit higher on a brick.

As they only stayed over the weekend with me I had no Idea/chance how to stop them.

They never did this at their own home inside/or outside so I just put it down to a marking my house as their territory.

I am wondering if you could leave the bowl that they pee in where it is (with their pee still in it) and then put another container,that is made of food-grade plastic (like a tallish, narrow jug similar to the ones you buy that hold drinking water and go in the fridge door), in a place in the yard which is a fair way away from their pee-bowl.

I am wondering if you could leave the bowl that they pee in where it is (with their pee still in it) and then put another container,that is made of food-grade plastic (like a tallish, narrow jug similar to the ones you buy that hold drinking water and go in the fridge door), in a place in the yard which is a fair way away from their pee-bowl.

Ive got one who does this so he has a piddle pot and a water bowl - seems to stop him

Do they do it if they are separated? We once had a greyhound foster who would pee on any bowl - water or food, if another dog used it. It seemed like an ownership thing - and he was very food driven. It did settle after desexing but never disappeared. He went on to be an only dog and has never done it as far as I know.

Before I left for work I separated them into different runs. When I got home tonight the desexed one's bowl was pristine, the other one's bowl was yellow again. I have left the "yellow" bowl there and hung one of these bowls up high, hopefully out of pissing range:

170931361687_1.jpg

I was using one of these, but there was pee all up the sides as well as in it. I'm hoping the one above will mean he pees just under it.

flat-sided-crate-bucket-stainless-steel-468x315.jpg

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

Guest Labradork

Oscar (the Pug) sometimes does this, and he poos in it too!

I think he does it because he is saying to Poppy "This is mine!"