Scratch Scratch Scratch!

Hi all!

Omar has been scratching like crazy mornings and evenings for the last few days. I can't find any fleas on him (I have been using topical flea treatment). A while ago I changed his dry food over from Black Hawk to Eukanubah as this is what I have always used with my dogs (but that was a month ago). He has only had two baths with baby shampoo since I got him (he's 4 months old), and the last one was last weekend....maybe this is it? :confused:

Any suggestions/remedies would be greatly appreciated (he is a French Bulldog BTW).

:)

be very interested to see how the responses go. I have a 6mth toy poodle, scratch scratch scratch. No fleas, no positive for ringworm/fungal. Currently on allergy tabs & malaseb...has decreased alot. Coat is soft, but skin is dry flaky in spots like dandruff. Have been adding oil to meals for a week. I was told sardines in oil was good??? Have you had pup checked for anything skin wise?

i've lately been using on both my itchy [for no obvious reason] dogs organic coconut oil and they are now less itchy! and this only after 2 weeks of intermittent topical application and ad hoc [settling into routine] dosing in their evening meals.

two nights ago, bella for the first time since at least mid-2010, got into bed and straight away [read: immediately] settled --- prior to that she would lick herself 'til i was silly with angst. the same i will say for byron, who has, up until recently, been the most beleaguered with 'the itchies'.

benefits above and beyond: they smell absolutely wonderful :)

for all my efforts and research over the past several years, using all manner of [natural] products, speaking with their vets, undergoing clinical tests and altering diets...

all is going well with coconut oil --- and woolies has it, at normal price, for about $2 per 100ml [that's organic, extra virgin, nothing else added] so right here right now, that's priceless!