Breeders Websites

RallyValley

well as a breeder my website is my expression and history of the dogs, its an online family history of sorts. So while readers have 'what they like to see' (and I do too), I also dont mind what breeders actually have for their website, because I regard breeder websites as individual expression and not for the sole purpose of entertaining or meeting the requirements of others.

Ultimately if I want any information I can contact the breeder and ask.

Yes it would make it nice if the website had all this information predicted and presented for me, but breeder websites are for breeders too - and its about their dogs and them, not you :)

Edited by lilli

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a good 'about me' section too - a history of involvement in the breed, how you came to be a breeder/involved in the breed, why you love it, etc. Those sections often end up being a good insight into the kind of requirements the breed has, and the people it might be good for.

Also, if you are going to have 'available dogs' or 'litters' etc, make sure you keep it up to date and don't have a page that says 'we are expecting a new litter of black puppies in March 2010' or 'latest news' on the front page with results from something 2 years ago. If you're not going have a page that gets updated often that's fine, but make sure it doesn't have info on it that will date. That makes me think the breeder isn't active or interested anymore.

Yes I have come across this a lot.

I like a clear, uncluttered site which is up to date.

launch pages are just a pain in the butt and extra effort involved to get to the actual website and what you want to see!

Clicking is a part of life. Websites are hardly ever going to have all the information you want on a single page, and you're going to have to click to see other information - it's why we were born with fingers!

it's a wasted click, just to see an arty photo or annoying bit of animation you have to wait to load, just so you can click on what you actually want to see on the website.