52 Weeks For Dogs 2013

Panto

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys- I think they are pretty damn cute, but I might be biased lol. It's lucky as they can also be a wee bit naughty!

well that was my stash of, ahem, "good" photos of them haha so will have to take some more now. I'm one of those people that gets back from the beach and THEN goes, oh, that would have great to get some photos!

I got some photos at the park today... so frustrating on the iphone... you press the button and by the time the thing takes the photo the dog has already run past haha... maybe I need a real camera lol. I find myself so disappointed with the raw photos that i mess around with it in paint.net to get it looking ok-ish. I should get my brother to take some photos with his fancy camera.. he's actually pretty good!

junoblackandwhite_zpsc36db044.jpg

Hunteronstep_zpsfa5ed96f.jpg

junoincar_zps4f4b0068.jpg

huntersmiling_zpsdb54efde.jpg

junoignoring_zps5dfdfc2a.jpg

edit: wow those were big sorry!

Edited by Lasareina

Thanks Gertrude - I love your photos... It's hard to believe such beautiful dogs are in need of rescue :(

Thanks!

Yes it is very depressing, there is a constant stream and rescue are constantly pushed to their limits. So sad as there is nothing 'wrong' with these dogs just that they have been let down by deadbeat owners.

P.S. before this year I had never picked up a proper camera before. I was sick of my crappy iPhone photos and decided I wanted to learn to take nice photos so I could have a better record of my own dogs. If you want to get a DSLR camera and have a go there are lots of resources out there to help you, I have used this thread as a challenge for me to keep taking photos in the hopes that I can improve.

Haha yeah I have already started casually mentioning that I should get a real camera :p . A girlfriend of mine has a reaaly good DSLR camera and it is amazing the photos she takes with it... if she hadn't buggered off to Canada for the forseeable future I would borrow it and have a play lol

Poor dogs... all our animals are considered part of the family, I just don't understand how people can give them up. A couple of months ago mum's old mare died at age 32 after being retired and out to pasture for the last 15 years or so - very sad. Now we only have 3 horses doing nothing in the paddock except running up a feed bill haha... but would never consider selling them, or any of the dogs we have had over the years. It's even worse that these people would dump their animals at the pound or shelter without even securing a suitable new family and home fr them :(

Edited by Lasareina

Thanks guys, I was in a rush and just posted it but now I look at it I'm thinking its really different to his other photos. Normally he's clownish but this is a kind of dignified pose.

Must say Gertrude your camera skills are showing. Loving the focus in this one, those little whiskers on the left are great.

I so meant to read the camera book I bought and try a different setting on the camera each week.....????. Maybe I'll fish it out from under the couch and read it one day.

Impatiens I love the lighting in that one! The backlighting on Harvey's coat is gorgeous, beautiful time of day.

Thanks for the kind words guys :) I think I am slowly improving. I look back to the first few weeks of photos I too this year and I can definitely see an improvement so that makes me happy.

I'm not an artistic/creative person so I still really struggle with the framing/positioning of the shots and I still haven't worked out really how to make the most of light, I think the shots where I get it right are complete flukes :laugh:. But I've got to keep taking pictures to improve. I'm a perfectionist and I'm not used to not getting something right quickly so I have never pursued anything artistic before because I know its not my strong suit. I think this is good for me so I can get over my need to be a perfectionist!

I'm pretty excited that I've take the photos for a few of the profiles for the rescues now, I know they aren't pro quality but the fact that someone else is happy for them to been seen in public is nice! Skylar (the one with the stunning blue eyes from a few weeks back) is on trial for adoption at the moment :thumbsup: I got to take her to the airport the other day and it's really nice to think that hopefully my photos helped her to find her new home. Teka from last week also has a meet tomorrow so :crossfingers:.

Oh I do love Cookie, poor doggies haven't found a home yet? Lovely light again and beautifully posed dogs.

I thought they were going to their new home tomorrow so I took them out to get some last minute photos of them but there has been a delay so we probably have them for another two weeks or so :)

They will be going on trial very shortly though, they have had two meets with the family already and they love them. Cookie is still scared of them but she will get used to them like she did with us.

I'm so happy for them but so sad to see them go at the same time, when they leave I will be a blubbering mess.

Oh and they are beautifully posed as there was a group of maltese dogs walking past so they were paying no attention to me :laugh: