Best Cool Mats - Has Anyone Tried Zentech?

I'm planning on (finally) trialling Fergus this year, and maybe even Miss Lucy given she has been on fire the last month. My dogs hate the heat and I won't trial if it is over 30 degrees. However, I'd still like to keep them cool when it is below that temp.

What is the best cool mat you've tried (already got cool reflective coats, fan with ice insert, puppy mesh to reflect sun off crate...)? Has anyone tried these:

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1989

Thanks in advance!

I picked up a couple same as this http://www.theuncomm...gs-Gel-Mat.aspx from Homeart on the weekend.

$40 for the large size along with a bonus medium. They are the gel type (non toxic) that absorb the dogs body heat, quite cool to touch - but not cold.

We're currently in the middle of a 40+ degree heat wave, I've been using them in the dogs crates overnight and have found them to be extremely effective. As they are not wet the dogs are more than happy to lay on them too. smile.gif

*eta, sorry the bonus is the small size - not medium

Edited by SecretKei

SecretKei, I was looking at those a couple of days ago and wondered how effective they would be. The dogs don't mind them? If my guys don't like what is in their crate they will kick it to the back of crate and lay on the plastic tray.

SecretKei, I was looking at those a couple of days ago and wondered how effective they would be. The dogs don't mind them? If my guys don't like what is in their crate they will kick it to the back of crate and lay on the plastic tray.

Mine are pretty fussy and both seem to like them. I was worried the Mal might chew it but she hasn't shown any desire to and seems to like the feel - stretches right out over it. My Ridgeback has kicked his up into a pile a few times (then uses it as a pillow lol) but no damage, they seem pretty tough.

They are definitely effective, both dogs have slept soundly since we've had them (and we've been having 20+ degree nights).

There were people ones there as well (had polka-dots on them). Looked and felt exactly the same to me as the pet ones, though the pet ones may be a tougher material?

SK are they the ones that need you to put water inside? I have some that look like that (bought at Homeart years ago) which are great around the house but a pain to take to a trial as they are just too heavy when filled with water. Otherwise I may check them out :)

I have had my eye on those cleanrun ones and considered them a few times. Never got around to buying them though...

I bought some this morning. I have the large 1 on the tiles and 1 puppy is asleep on it and their mother has her head on it and out of curiosity I am sitting on the small 1. They don't need water. I have to say I am surprised how cooling the small 1 is, it is actually very comfortable.

Found a similar 1 online and this si the description

"Yes it’s finally here, a dog/pet cooling mat that is Waterless! It consists of a gel that keeps your pets cool. This new cutting edge dog cooling mats works without refrigeration, electricity of water. All you need for this cooling mat to work is the weight of your dog or pet. That simple! The mat works on a concept called memory foam technology whereby the the gel in the mat absorbs the pets body heat and dissipates it into the environment. This process makes your pet feel cool on hot summer days. The dog cooling mat is weight or pressure activated. As soon as your dog friend lies down the cooling effect starts. It will last up to 3-4 hours of constant use and will last for years."

ETA picture - she has been on there well over half an hour now without moving. He joined her probably 20 minutes ago.

6weeks-1_zps25e74568.jpg

Edited by piper

I bought this one http://www.brightlife.com.au/store/full-length-underblanket-p-1780.html

I gave it a test run over night, but what I found it was nice and cool for a while but it heated up as it absorbed the heat from the body and whilst you stayed on it it couldn't release the heat. I guess the dogs don't stay on it for hours at a time. smooch does use it off and on.