Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

I'm far from a photographer but just wanted to share a few snaps...

The temperature range is about -7C (min) to 0.5C (max) with sunny days. More snow predicted for the weekend.

80f1fb72cf58edd89bf45c899ab91a3d.jpg

My host and her kids/grand kids were snowed in for Christmas and started this puzzle. We finished it over coffee yesterday morning. My host has the whole house themed for Christmas and her late husband made the reindeer and sleigh. Each of the 7 kids has one of the 11 reindeer as a memento and there is also a full size set!

06b722658ecbe562bf21fb27ec23e333.jpg

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I took myself out for a long walk, very well rugged up but I really need some ear muffs!

919bdd0f66437bcf539331d1f636ebef.jpg

I walked for an hour but it turns out I went the wrong way to find the local stores so after a brief stop at home I set out again. The footpaths haven't been cleared so it's reasonably heavy going and you need to watch for slippery ice. For the most part, the snow is soft and powdery but a good workout nonetheless!

A pretty little building in a park...

64b8d87525ae36986ff91b0c1be3f756.jpg

And an abandoned bird nest...

2e6e12c84197f1750af244054adac1df.jpg

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Great photos! Where are you, I'm guessing to in Australia. :laugh: it was 42 here today! Looks much cooler here you are!

Yes, a little further afield :laugh: I'm in Ohio undertaking research for my PhD. I was homesick before I got on the plane but I try to enjoy the novelty of being somewhere different and count myself lucky that I get such opportunities!

Gorgeous photos but looking at them is just torture after experiencing 45 degrees in Adelaide today! :laugh:

I've been following the weather and fires there - just awful and makes me a bit nervous. Mr TSD is home with the menagerie and is copping the heat but it's always a few degrees cooler there. Fortunately when the 4 trees fell on our house, the old air-con was replaced under insurance :thumbsup:

Hey razzle :wave: Far, far away from the MIL :rofl:

tlc - my PhD looks at the relationship between human attitudes and human behaviour and dog behaviour and dog welfare in animal shelters. I looked at over 30 handlers and 1000 dogs in Australia but just couldn't get the work done there that I wanted to. I'm working with a very large and progressive animal shelter over here. Hopefully these last 2 studies won't take me much more than a month to get done as I've done all the hard work in terms of methodology already.

Looks gorgeous!!! I love it when everything is covered in snow and there is bright blue sky.

When I visited my Aunt in Germany they had a massive dump the night before I arrived and the the day I got there it looked like your pictures. I was so excited I even volunteered to shovel the driveway and the footpath in front of their house. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean Malamum!

The weather turned unseasonably warm and the snow melted away. The last week it has been incredibly cold.... -15C (apparent temp -24C) and we've had to leave the taps running to stop the pipes freezing at home. Yesterday we got a nice dump of snow (depending on whether you were north or south of the city - the shelter is north and home is south :D ) but this morning we had 3 inches in 3 hours. The interstates were a mess with trucks jack knifing and cars spinning off the road during the morning commute. There are some definite advantages at leaving home at 5.15am :thumbsup:

Every chance I could, I snapped a photo...my rental is the white AWD....

0944fa8e7177d8ac2d4727b26fe2c7c6.jpg

4df59eb6e0d26e476b5af5eb9239efc3.jpg

433633170f1d153825a3c08a5bbd6a1a.jpg

6e84dcade19cac45ea2655a21a54eb1c.jpg

It took 15 mins to scrape enough snow off so I could drive home...

6b4f2a912feff7b39f0b4946d4057bfa.jpg

Sunrise from yesterday...

877ba351000dca56312c6704e0713ff6.jpg

The "Bark Park" off leash dog run opposite the shelter....the girls were threatening to toboggan down the hill on trash can lids. I offered to pay $20 if they'd let me video it :laugh: I think the director has forbidden it...I can't think why :laugh:

77c00604f51c6ff59f836713e280d7b7.jpg