Camera Straps...

redangel

I was given a sports Black Rapid Limit edition camera strap for Christmas. I have only used neck straps. I like the feel of the strap, the glide of the strap...but I am antsy about having my camera hand on my hip (hands fee) How secure is this? If I have a 70-200 on would I be best advised to attach it to the lens?? Is there a weight restriction??

If it works I can see it being my most favorite acquisition as I have small tolerance for weight hanging from my neck.

I attach the strap to that same lens and that's where it stays. I've never fancied having the lens hanging off my camera. I put the strap across my shoulders so it cannot fall off. I love that I can just sling it there to carry it that way.

I rarely took my hands off my camera when it was on a neck strap...this feels nice in theory but so weird in practice! I just wanted to know its a tried & true product! I love the ease of shoot and down action! Makes you feel like a gun slinger!!

:laugh:

I think the it is a sports R7(with under arm strap). All I can say is its sooo comfortable. If your looking for comfort it has it! I think the limited edition is the fact it is woodland camo in color. I am happy with the tree/bark camo coloring as I often use a camo wrap for my lens when stalking the critters in the bush/ bird hides so now I have a matching strap! Apparently there is a mobile phone pocket avail to purchase separately.

Like I said earlier Im having trouble with the "look no hands" factor so here I am asking thosde with more experience looking for reassurance & therapy!!!

Thanks for your thread link TLC

Only go hands free if you have it slung across your shoulder, not hanging off your right shoulder, on your right side, assuming you have all the fittings done up correctly it cannot fall then.

Edited by Kirislin

RedAngel... Watch the black rapid video... Though It's very awkward to wear the sports incorrectly... So I would imagine you have it as it is shown on all the videos and on the box.

Edit: the thing to do is before you use your camera, make sure the carabiner is locked and the attachment to the camera is lock tight... Mine are always locked tight but it pays to check!

Edited by Monet n Diva's Mum

• 2 weeks later...

Taken it out n about a fair bit lately. Im a convert. Before I always travelled with pain killers because I usually ended up with a headache by days end. Now I dont get headaches. Obviously the strap weight on my neck wasnt doing me any favors.