Meet And Greet Your Chosen Rescue Pup, What's A Fair Distance To H

gwp4me

Hey gwp4me... we have a pup named Rex who is similar in looks to Dallas... well, similar in that he's brindle and gangly and full of life and love... he's my heart dog's brother... and we are closer to you than Newcastle... *grin*

He plays nice with others and is small dog friendly. We haven't tested him with cats, but I'd think if the cat was dog savvy and told him to back off, he'd not have an issue with that.

His birthdate is 2/9/2012, so he's 21 weeks old now.

Don't you think he's got the most gorgeous soulful big brown eyes?

15-12-2012-harper-rex009.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex026.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex030.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex053.jpg

The following 3 were taken yesterday... the blue brindle one is my Harper - his sister...

26-01-2013-harper-rex068.jpg

26-01-2013-harper-rex073.jpg

26-01-2013-harper-rex076.jpg

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in Rex... we won't mess you around...

T.

Edited by tdierikx

Forgot to add to what I said earlier about the 6hr each way trip to meet Charlie (well it was actually to meet his brother but he was the better fit with me).

Not a rescue but when I was looking at Whip I did the trip from Canberra to Sydney when they were 3weeks old to see the litter and get a feel for them. Then did the trip again at 6 weeks to see if I still liked the same ones and to narrow it down. He was one of about 3 stand-outs at 3weeks (mainly on personality at that stage) but by 6 weeks he was definitely turning into the build of dog that I was after while maintaining the same levels of playdrive etc that he had shown at 3 weeks. The other 2 were not as good- one was a much heavier build and the other not so drivey anymore. He was the perfect package and I am glad that I did the trip to see him twice :) I then went up again to pick him up at 10 weeks (couldn't get up there at 8).

Yes tdierikx, your puppy looks very similar to Dallas, and is very pretty as well. What size will he grow into if I may ask?

I am out of breath and up in the air at the moment, with all those strange happenings :confused: while trying to adopt a rescue pup. Will keep your pup in mind. After travelling to Wollongong and back, including picking up and dropping off my mum in town, after a 8 hr roundtrip, I twice tried to snooze off at traffic lights, that's why a 12 hr trip with my pet seems somewhat scary. :)

Hard to say exactly how big Rex will be when he finishes growing... he's about 15kgs now at 21 weeks... but his sister (my girl Harper) is 21kgs. I'd hazard a guess that he'll be somewhere from the tall end of medium through to mid large size? He'll never be a chunky dog - he's a slim-ish build, but may fill out a little once he matures. Not so big that you couldn't lift him if you had to methinks... possibly between 25 and 30kgs max? My girl is looking to be around 45+ kgs at the rate she's going, but she was always the tallest of the litter.

He's a really lovely young chappie who has perfected the art of cuddling - as you can see by his photos - that's my face he's kissing... oh, and he travels well in the car with no upchucks!

He is located about 20 mins south of Penrith - or about an hour northwest of Wollongong.

If you would like to meet Rex, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll happily give you the phone number of our rescue coordinator so you can arrange a meeting with him.

T.

He sure has got beautiful eyes and markings. I am not in a big rush to get a puppy, yet, I just got this idea when I saw Dallas and the "other" pup on Gumtree. My old mum and and I are into this plot together. :D

Hard to say exactly how big Rex will be when he finishes growing... he's about 15kgs now at 21 weeks... but his sister (my girl Harper) is 21kgs. I'd hazard a guess that he'll be somewhere from the tall end of medium through to mid large size? He'll never be a chunky dog - he's a slim-ish build, but may fill out a little once he matures. Not so big that you couldn't lift him if you had to methinks... possibly between 25 and 30kgs max? My girl is looking to be around 45+ kgs at the rate she's going, but she was always the tallest of the litter.

He's a really lovely young chappie who has perfected the art of cuddling - as you can see by his photos - that's my face he's kissing... oh, and he travels well in the car with no upchucks!

He is located about 20 mins south of Penrith - or about an hour northwest of Wollongong.

If you would like to meet Rex, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll happily give you the phone number of our rescue coordinator so you can arrange a meeting with him.

T.