Flat Feet In Boxer Pup

2boxer

I have a 9 week old boxer pup. When I got her home I realized her feet turned inwards. I contacted the breeder and was reccomended to start her on vitamin c supplements. Has anyone heard of or had a similar problem? And what was the outcome? Thanks!

Are they flat, as the thread title says, or turning inward? I would be concerned by either at that age to be honest, sometimes feet can do odd things during teething but it doesn't sound like that.

Thanks for the replies, I'm new on here so not sure how to post a pic. It's definitely only her feet, her legs are fine. I would describe it as her toes turning inwards but when I spoke to get breeder, he used the term flat feet do I went with that. My vet thinks its more of a ligament thing, but obviously can't predict what will happen. I do actually think they are a bit straighter than when I first got her. Thanks !

Flat fee are usually associated with a lack of calcium in the diet or a lack of the body taking up the calcium and the vitamin C is given to assist in the body taking up the calcium.

I have never tried this kind of supplementation myself but prefer to give a good nutritionally balanced food and wait for the body to gradually rectify the situation.

If it were me I would be feeding the pup a premium dry food suitable for the size, age and breed of dog. Once the problem has rectified you can then change your feeding over to BARF or whatever but in the meantime a premium dogfood should cover all the bases.

Undoubtedly others will have their own preferences but I have found time and a diet that you know is balanced and complete gives the best results.