We Have Been Betrayed

oakway

It isn't only what has been reversed in NZ that is good, it is what has not been amemeded.

Such as the SBT standard.

As far as i'm aware only the silly ANKC followed the K.C's 1987 amendments that will end up destroying the breed as we know it.

It's only "silly" if you think a breed's country of origin should lose the ability to control what the breed standard is. :shrug:

No, it's silly because the KC made the amendments without consultation with the SBT clubs & despite their protests.

Among others, they added "desirable" to the height & now dogs bloody near as big as AST's are being titled here.

That's why it's silly.

But of course it doesn't matter to anyone who has no affiliation or affection for the breed.

And isn't affected by BSL.

Silly to think you would give a damn anyhow, now that was really silly.

:rofl:

Your breed is no more affected by BSL than mine are.

What SBTs and BSL have to do with this thread sure beats me.

How are whippets at risk from the BSL?

I think you will find the point is ANY breed is at risk of BSL. However this is a bit of the topic and probably should be elsewhere.

An example is the law requiring greyhounds to wear a muzzle in public. This is a breed specific legislation as it relates to a specific breed.

Give me an honest opinion.

What do you consider are the chances of the whippet ever being affected by a BSL anywhere in the Universe?

Racing Greyhounds are required to wear muzzles because they are trained to chase & kill small furry animals.

They were, & some probably still are, trained to do this by using live small furry animals.

It's called "blooding"

:banghead: You can start here: http://tnpetlawnews.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/memphistn-targets-dachshunds-whippets.html

That isn't a BSL per se. That is an attempt to restrict the numbers of dogs available.

Not such a bad idea when you get right down to it.

A real BSL is the attempt to eradicate a specific breed by prohibiting the breeding, selling, buying swapping, trading or giving away memebers of that breed.

People should at least understand the subject before they attempt to discuss it.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you consider are the chances of the whippet ever being affected by a BSL anywhere in the Universe?

Racing Greyhounds are required to wear muzzles because they are trained to chase & kill small furry animals.

They were, & some probably still are, trained to do this by using live small furry animals.

It's called "blooding"

Not just racing greyhounds are required to wear muzzles.

It's called "blooding"

Greys aren't required to wear muzzles at conformation shows.

& Greys wearing muzzles is more a requirement under the "dangerous dog" legislation than BSL.

You can still breed,sell, trade,swap & give greys away.

It's called "blooding"

& Greys wearing muzzles is more a requirement under the "dangerous dog" legislation than BSL.

Brush up on the laws before you start discussing them. Show greyhounds are required to wear muzzles when in public and not on private property or competing in an event. I.E. if they are walking down the street, they are required to be muzzled and on lead.

BSL is breed specific legislation, I have no idea how you can argue that the laws pertaining to greyhounds being muzzled is not exactly that.

It's called "blooding"

Brush up on the laws before you start discussing them. Show greyhounds are required to wear muzzles when in public and not on private property or competing in an event. I.E. if they are walking down the street, they are required to be muzzled and on lead.

BSL is breed specific legislation, I have no idea how you can argue that the laws pertaining to greyhounds being muzzled is not exactly that.

Maybe you should read the breed specific laws & find out.

Maybe you should brush up on all the greyhound stuff before mention BSL.

It can't be "breed specific if the entire breed isn't affected.

Boom boom.

http://www.gapnsw.org.au/content/view/17/33/

Edit.

Basic, but it says it as it is.

http://bslaustralia.org/breed-specific-legislation/

Edited by feenix

It isn't only what has been reversed in NZ that is good, it is what has not been amemeded.

As far as i'm aware only the silly ANKC followed the K.C's 1987 amendments that will end up destroying the breed as we know it.

It's only "silly" if you think a breed's country of origin should lose the ability to control what the breed standard is. :shrug:

No, it's silly because the KC made the amendments without consultation with the SBT clubs & despite their protests.

Among others, they added "desirable" to the height & now dogs bloody near as big as AST's are being titled here.

That's why it's silly.

But of course it doesn't matter to anyone who has no affiliation or affection for the breed.

I think you will find the point is ANY breed is at risk of BSL. However this is a bit of the topic and probably should be elsewhere.

An example is the law requiring greyhounds to wear a muzzle in public. This is a breed specific legislation as it relates to a specific breed.

It's called "blooding"

Yes but the law doesn't say racing greyhounds. It says all greyhounds. Either way it is a law that is specific to the breed. Hence BSL.

It's called "blooding"

Maybe you should read the breed specific laws & find out.

Maybe you should brush up on all the greyhound stuff before mention BSL.

It can't be "breed specific if the entire breed isn't affected.

Boom boom.

http://www.gapnsw.org.au/content/view/17/33/

Edit.

Basic, but it says it as it is.

http://bslaustralia.org/breed-specific-legislation/

Feenix the problem is you are looking at only one form of BSL. The concept of BSL is Breed Specific Legislation which is exactly where the ruling on Greyhounds and muzzles fit in. Breed specific legislation is any form of law directed at a particular breed (regardless of individual examples of the breed) as opposed to a particular action. For example a ban on a breed simply because of the breed is breed specific whereas a ban on any dog that attacks a person is not BSL as it does not determine particular breeds

In fact your own link from GAP is in itself an example of BSL as again it is directed at one specific breed. After all does the page that you have linked to mention any breed other than greyhounds

Also I would have thought if anyone on here knew anything about greyhounds and their legal requirements it would be Rebelsquest.

Regardless this topic has nothing to do with BSL so perhaps we can get back to the issue in the original post.

Well, it didn't take long for Dougie aka steamboat aka jerry lee aka cruzzi to turn back up. And with a nod to irony in his new sock puppet's name!

Aaaahhhhh ! I thought the tone was familiar. I remember Dougie from years ago..... got a few DOL holidays if I remember correctly, but then maybe I'm wrong and just talking "rubbish actually"!

That's why it's silly.

It's called "blooding"

Yes but the law doesn't say racing greyhounds. It says all greyhounds. Either way it is a law that is specific to the breed. Hence BSL.

BSL refers to banned & restricted breeds.

Do some homework.

Well, it didn't take long for Dougie aka steamboat aka jerry lee aka cruzzi to turn back up. And with a nod to irony in his new sock puppet's name!

Doesn't say much for you & your band of numbies when a sock puppet has to keep correcting your ingrained misinformation.

Do some homework.

Crap.

BSL means exactly what it says and is any legislation that is breed specific regardless of the breed. Of course those the owners of non banned dogs can't possibly worry about it ever applying to them (need the rolly eye man)

Do some homework.

Crap.

BSL means exactly what it says and is any legislation that is breed specific regardless of the breed. Of course those the owners of non banned dogs can't possibly worry about it ever applying to them (need the rolly eye man)

In the words of the immortal Eric Morcombe.

ROOBISH.

For instance.

When was BSL legislation introduced?

Do some homework.

BSL= Breed Specific Legislation. What part of that do you not understand? Obviously you need to do your homework. As I said before you are refering to laws that ban certain breeds. That is one type of BSL. THe reason why it is called breed specific is because it identifies the breed within the legislation. However banning a breed is not the only form of BSL.

Encyclopedia (Wikipedia) definition of BSL:

"Breed-specific legislation is a law passed by a legislative body pertaining to a specific breed or breeds of domesticated animals. In practice, it generally refers to laws pertaining to a specific dog breed or breeds."

No reference there to the words banned or restricted.

What does it matter when the restricted breed list was introduced? Or even why? That has nothing to do with what BSL is nor does it have anything to do with this topic. But seeing as you seem to have such immense knowledge of this matter, even though its wrong, perhaps you could educate us all on when it was enacted.

In regards to doing homework there are quite a few on this forum that would know much more about BSL than you would ever dream possible. Personally your ignorance is only making yourself look foolish. But that is just my opinion.

Edited by yarracully

ROOBISH.

For instance.

Probably with the import ban on GSDs in 1928. I would have to do research to see if this was the first.

ETA in Australia

Edited by Janba

ROOBISH.

For instance.

Probably with the import ban on GSDs in 1928. I would have to do research to see if this was the first.

ETA in Australia

Even if you were right, which your not.

The law requiring greyhounds to be muzzled when off their owners property, as in being walked or racing, was introduced in 1927.

As previously requested....do your homework before you jump in.

Yarracully

Wikipedia is a contributor driven site....not unlike D.O.L.

Did you read where in another thread where the general consesus was you can't educate fools?

Don't be included.

Read the link I previously provided.

You'll be informed....for a change

For so many that feel the need to comment, I would like to see only those with traditionally docked breeds involved in the debate, as to be honest, the rest of you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the charges of cruelty due to docking tails, and this is why we are in this mess to begin with.

Fire away, you are entitled to your opinions, as am I.

:laugh: it's a public forum, you don't decide who gets to participate.. Tell people not to comment then tell them to go ahead??! Oh dear....

ROOBISH.

For instance.

ETA in Australia

The law requiring greyhounds to be muzzled when off their owners property, as in being walked or racing, was introduced in 1927.

As previously requested....do your homework before you jump in.

I stand corrected but I did say probably as I posted from memory. I am old enough to remember the lifting of the ban. I can also remember the days before our current bans and restricted breed laws.

Attitudes like yours are what make people who don't own restricted breeds less likely to support your cause to get the laws lifted.

ROOBISH.

For instance.

ETA in Australia

The law requiring greyhounds to be muzzled when off their owners property, as in being walked or racing, was introduced in 1927.As previously requested....do your homework before you jump in.

Yarracully

Wikipedia is a contributor driven site....not unlike D.O.L.

Did you read where in another thread where the general consesus was you can't educate fools?

Don't be included.

Read the link I previously provided.

You'll be informed....for a change

You asked when BSL was introduced and I see you use the example of Greyhounds being muzzled as BSL. Yet in an earlier post when I mentioned the muzzling of greyhounds you stated that this was not Breed Specific Legislation.

A real BSL is the attempt to eradicate a specific breed by prohibiting the breeding, selling, buying swapping, trading or giving away memebers of that breed.

In fact you made a similar statement in an earlier post

yet they were required to wear muzzles long before the Dangerous Dogs legislation was introduced.

And yet even earlier again

Now make up your mind, either muzzling of greyhounds is or is not BSL. Muzzling a grey has nothing to do with banning it or restricting the breeding. Whatever you decide doesn't matter IT IS BSL by definition

I have read your links and one of them is by definition BSL as it identifies a specific breed. That being greyhounds and only greyhounds are specified.

As for wikipedia since the definition has been there since 2009 and no-one has edited or altered it it must be a correct definition according to the masses. Same one used by the following:

Animal Legal and Historical Centre-A branch of Michigan State University of Law

ASPCA

RSPCA

There are more but I really couldn't be bothered going through the 1 140 000 responses that google found.

As for trying to educate fools, your right, but at least I tried. Obviously you are the type that doesn't respond to the wisdom of others being shared.

And once more I apologise to all other D.O.L users that this has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic.