Guide Dog Dies In Hot Car

RidgieAmy

Am I the only one who thinks the dogs v children debate is ridiculous? Firstly many people wouldn't know how they would react in a crisis, all sorts of factors can impact on reactions and its odd to judge people for what they may or may not do, some would go into shock and not save either does that mean they don't care? And secondary any scenario in which someone has the clear choice of who to save in a life or death situation is so unlikely that the lengths of debate on the hypothetical is pretty superfluous IMO.

Personally I don't care about the relative value people place on humans or animals as long as they do place value on them.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks the dogs v children debate is ridiculous? Firstly many people wouldn't know how they would react in a crisis, all sorts of factors can impact on reactions and its odd to judge people for what they may or may not do, some would go into shock and not save either does that mean they don't care? And secondary any scenario in which someone has the clear choice of who to save in a life or death situation is so unlikely that the lengths of debate on the hypothetical is pretty superfluous IMO.

Personally I don't care about the relative value people place on humans or animals as long as they do place value on them.

I think the people who get hysterical over people saying they would save a dog over a child most likely have children. I am of the opinion that I would flap about in a panic.

I think the people who get hysterical over people saying they would save a dog over a child most likely have children. I am of the opinion that I would flap about in a panic.

I have children and it doesn't upset me. Probably because I understand that it is a hypothetical and also a very unlikely scenario and people can't say with 100% certainty what they would do unless faced with it.

I also love my dogs more than most people so understand the desire to protect them, even at the expense of others.