Supplements For A Raw Diet

I was wondering what supplements anyone would recommend for a non-offal eating, PITA.

Dory will not touch the stuff, no way, no how. Try disguising it in things she does like to eat...nope...not having any of that thanks. (Not even heart!...minced up all nice and fine).

And there is no way I'm cooking the stuff. Last time I cooked kidney it took weeks to get the pong out of the house.

So what supplements to people use? And the best place to get them. Thanks!

I feed mainly raw and don't feed offal.. Nor do I give supplements - we are always complemented on what great condition the lad is in.

The only non raw stuff he gets is maybe a cup of Euk kibble over the course of a week in a kong with some cottage cheese (if I am going to be out all day).

Apart from that he eats roo, barf patties, chook necks, carcasses, wings, turkey necks, brisket and lamb rib bones. Eggs, cottage cheese (in the kong), sardines in oil are the only other things he really eats.

Why do you have to feed offal?

I was under the impression that you needed to feed offal to get a better balance of the essential vitamins and minerals that they need. Most of the texts I've read have indicated that you should feed offal or supplement if not.

Dory's an 'if not'. :(

(Mind you, most of those texts are also pushing some of their own brands of supplement. )

Its funny how different vets tell people different things..

Someone i know was told if she was going to feed her puppy raw then to get some calcium supplements..

My vet said when he asked what diet i was giving my puppy (raw and natural) to watch out you don't give her too much calcium in her diet ! He doesn't know the exact details of her diet..

Im being guided by my Miah's breeder as to how to feed her, and I trust her. If they are getting a variety of things as Pers said, then they shouldn't need supplemenst I wouldn't think..

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Its funny how different vets tell people different things..

Someone i know was told if she was going to feed her puppy raw then to get some calcium supplements..

My vet said when he asked what diet i was giving my puppy (raw and natural) to watch out you don't give her too much calcium in her diet ! He doesn't know the exact details of her diet..

Im being guided by my Miah's breeder as to how to feed her, and I trust her. If they are getting a variety of things as Pers said, then they shouldn't need supplemenst I wouldn't think..

If you are feeding your puppy the fully edible bones, then you don't need to supplement with calcium because the bones is where the Miah is getting it from. Sardines are also very good for the calcium.