Hazel A Little Scruff In Need

I am sure everyone remembers the post about Hazel, well here is an update on her and her new home which she found today.

Hazel's new owner is an 87 year "extremely young" lady I hope I am as fit and healthy when I get to her age, her daughter Pam (Pam is a visitor here on DOL as well so knew all about Hazel/Daisy) was the one who rang me and Hazel and I meet them both today and Hazel is now tucked up in bed and probably on her new mums bed by the way :laugh:

Hazel is now called Daisy and it is spooky as that was Hazel's name previously and the ladies didn't know that until I mentioned it.

Anyway here is an extract from an email Pam sent me tonight and pics of Daisy in her new home and WOW is she one lucky pooch.

The first one is of her with a toy that is now hers much to the disgust of Elle! The second is at the dog park and the third I have called "Princess Daisy right at home"!

I gave her a bath, clipped her nails. I looked after her this afternoon and evening as Mum had already made plans with a friend and she certainly made herself at home!

She has already picked up on "wait" which is the most useful thing I have taught my dogs. We went to the dog park and then shopping so I guess I've been "Driving Miss Daisy" today! Changing her name to Daisy hasn't been an issue as she doesn't answer to Hazel anyway so now it's just a matter of reinforcing her new name. Thank you Maree for allowing Mum to have her, we all adore her and she has put a smile back on Mum's face.

Rest assured she will be loved forever as our dogs/pets are our life and I'm so happy I followed my hunch about her. Funny you should ask for a photo of all of us as I intended to ask the staff at Petstock tomorrow to take a photo of us all. Daisy is getting a complete new 'wardrobe' and I can hardly wait as I love shopping!! Rang Mum earlier to see how things were going and they were cuddled up together watching telly-how adorable.

Another amazing rehoming, a wonderful little dog to a wonderful family. :heart::heart:

post-3265-0-32033700-1363613093_thumb.jpg

post-3265-0-66566500-1363613111_thumb.jpg

post-3265-0-44832900-1363613128_thumb.jpg

Edited by keetamouse

Ok we now have another update today:

Another big day for Daisy (or Daisy Belle as Mum calls her)! I picked Mum up at 10 am (Mum had already got up early and taken her for a 'brisk' walk) and went to DAS to get her registered so now she is 'legal'. Then it was off to Pet Stock where we purchased a new lead, shampoo and had a name tag engraved. A new bed was also on the list but none were deemed 'worthy' so we went to Powell's Stock Feed in Phillip and found the perfect one (high sided, washable and very cosy). I have also ordered online a collar with daisies on it which is to be her birthday present. The dog park was next where Daisy pottered about with her 'cousins' then off to lunch at an outdoor cafe. I think Daisy has experienced more in two days than she has in whole life and needless to say she fell asleep as soon as she got in the car. Little darling was exhausted!

Maree

CPR

Edited by keetamouse

Well what a delightful outcome for a dear little girl..thank youmto,all who helped in this ...I knew that the wonderful,DOL rescue network would do the trick...my niece to whom Daisy belonged originally was too sad to looka at the pics before but she'll be delighted to see and hear this news.

I hope that Daisy and her lovely new Mum will have many happy years ..after all Daisy is only a young un..The day before she was collected by the rescue ladies I gave her a bath and spruced her up...she is such a sweet little thing..I'm delighted she's found such a wonderful family..Maree would you let them know how thankfull we are and hope they are just as happy

Great stuff rescue gals...thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

Great story!!! Reminds me I re-homed a 4 year old westie girl to an 82 year old a few years back - and it was a match made in heaven. After the lady went into care her daughter's family took this little westie on (she already knew this home and people well). And the westie still visited her 87 year old owner at the aged care facility and the elderly lady vited the dog for Sunday lunches. So the relationship was ,maintained. As far as I know she is still there! I think we can do a lot more re-homing to our elderly folk...

Well done everyone! Fabulous!!!thumbsup1.gif