Sled Dog Racing Season Starting..

Well done indeed! Looks like you're all having a really good time.

So cool that you got two races in one weekend and won heaps of food.

Ours was 2 heats over the weekend, not sure on the results, I was sitting in 9th or 10th out of 13 last night.

I left before presentation though so didn't hear full results :o

You soo have to add one of these sledding shots to your signature.

God you've got such a talented dog :thumbsup:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This looked like so much fun.

We actually went across to Wellsford (we live over the road) and had a look and now my husband has his eye on Georgia for a bit of sledding :eek: :laugh:

The kids thought it looked great and also wanted to go camping with all the dog people. :o My husband was impressed by a big round chair that one dog was in and now thinks we need one for when we go camping with George.

you should have come said hello... lol!

We drove in and then left to park on the outside of the track before it started so we didn't get blocked in as we had 3 kids with us and i wasn't sure how long their attention span would be.

Maybe next time we will come and watch again. It looked like lots of fun. :)

next weekend at knowsley, I may or may not be there, look for gsp's or ask for Heidi. (i'm planning on going, but having surgery, so might not be able)

I was thinking of coming for a look with one of the kids but i think the weather is going to be bad.

Will it be posted on the club website if it is cancelled?

next weekend at knowsley, I may or may not be there, look for gsp's or ask for Heidi. (i'm planning on going, but having surgery, so might not be able)

I was thinking of coming for a look with one of the kids but i think the weather is going to be bad.

it won't be cancelled. unless there is a sudden unexplained bush fire... rain, hail, shine, out they go.

it won't be cancelled. unless there is a sudden unexplained bush fire... rain, hail, shine, out they go.

Flood? :laugh:

I've been told that there is a high chance of flooding for our area even though nothing is showing on the BOM yet.

Paddles will you be out at the classic next weekend?

Our race this weekend got canned :( Would have been really good practice

Plus I had 3 extra dogs lined up to run

I'll be there, I'm not actually racing, someone else is running milo. I'll be camped to the left, just as you come into the camping area, white prado and van.

My GSP had a go at sled dog today, once working out it was OK to pull and for mum to be behind him he had a great time :thumbsup:

gsp's do really well... they are FAST... and sensible.. right until the point that a roo crosses the track....

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently we're going to get up to 20cm of snow down to sea level on Thurs/Fri this week! The sled dog club have said we will still have training on Sunday, and they will bring a bunch of sleds out for everyone to play with :thumbsup: