7 News Sydney

griff

When you have access to a property on inspection, trust me there are many opportunities to snoop. Thats why I in the past have always insisted on being present on rental inspections & house sales.

Pretty much over listening to people complain about how evidence (which to me as a viewer looks quite bad)is collected/debating this while ignoring the evidence itself. It beggars belief! Makes me wonder where exactly some people stand on puppy farming! Funnily enough it always seems to be the same people.

..on a human level people opposed mandatory reporting of suspected child abuse(quite a few) civil libertarians). Yes sometimes cases are proved very innocent but again some cases that may have gone unnoticed have been revealed through this policy. Does it make this policy wrong? Has it not saved many kids?

Personally I think that knee jerk legislation is coming and that the do gooders and those who refuse to define a difference between reputable breeding program as opposed to puppy farmers (though their defence of "civil liberties"..very over-used and full of fear mongering) will be losers in the end.

Which is sad because there are many people breeding quality dogs who are teaching good ownership to new dog owners & supporting them as they learn.

In my opinion, where profit is the motivation above the breeding of healthy, well socialized pups (from well kept healthy parents) such evidence of poor husbandry or breeding establishments will continue. Money is stronger than conscience when one desires it more than regulation.

I am happy to see people willing to stand up for dogs....even programs like ACA .. etc..if you are doing nothing wrong well you should have nothing to fear.