7 News Sydney

griff

Great... A 'labradooldle' breeder...http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/16483823/puppy-breeder-under-attack-from-activists/

Old news unfortunately... Here's an article from 2010...http://www.prisonersforprofit.org.au/?p=354

:mad :mad :mad

She is, and from what I've seen and read one of questionable ethics. Of course I want all animals to be cared for appropriately and agree that there need to be checks and balances to make sure people do the "right" thing, but from what I understand Debra Tranter accesses people's properly illegally, films without consent, provides ambiguous footage etc etc in the pursuit of her cause.

In my mind as soon as that happens, the evidence is tainted.

According to the story Kate Schoeffel admitted that she was not meeting the standards the organisation she founded (Australian Association of Pet Dog Breeders) have set and has withdrawn from the organisation. However I'm not sure the AAPDB standards are the ideal anyway - I haven't read them.

It is unclear whether any laws were actually broken, though from the footage the facility looked ok to my inexpert eye. The story did mention that Ms Schroeder may not have provided the vet care she should have, which is very concerning if true.

I'm all for animals being treated right but I don't think I'm for it at the expense of people rights to privacy and fair legal process.

Edited by Simply Grand

This vet is a disgrace to her profession and society. She has demonstrated a complete lack of ethics and compassion for animals that she herself owned. She's lacking as a person and a professional on many fronts. How she could write a book of standards for others and then flagrantly avoid them herself, is incredible. Even if she hadn't written the book of standards, I don't know how someone like this - who really should know better as a vet - can sleep at night.

Debra Tranter did nothing illegal. She viewed the property in a perfectly legal way, prospective buyers were invited to the property - nobody cleaned up first it seems. It's great that she has been able to draw the attention of the public to the awful situation that the poor animals lived in - breeding for the pet shop/internet market and with little care for the animals they are milking for profit.

On the news last night they showed diaries from people who worked at the property, stating other dogs had been killed or mauled (multiple dogs were in the runs and presumably coming on heat or right near other dogs that were). Another note said the worker had put down a screaming puppy.

And so presumably the poor animals are being sold with the property to the next highest bidder ..... It is disgusting and yet, the general public still don't get it, they are still buying animals from petshops and online - you can try and tell people and they simply don't care. This is how morons like Kate continue their cruelty, unabated.

Edited by dogmad

Ah. From the photo lf her shown in the video I'm 99% sure This woman was at the Australian Institute of Animal Management conference last year. She piped up that she was proud to call herself a puppy farmer and there is nothing wrong with being labelled as that term. She sing her own praises about how experienced she is with breeding and how she breeds wonderful pets etc. why am I not surprised to see this.

I saw ths briefly on the news last night and agree it is a disgrace.

The footage did not involve trespass, the people were invited onto the property. Obviously they had hidden a camera. The diary enties were terrible, and this is a so called "breeding facility" owned and run by a vet!?

Why did these dogs not recieve vet care, daily care or treatment? I bet this woman does not even live on the property in question and if she did live there it is even worse!

What is even better (not) is that she has also publicly stated she will continue :mad

I have no idea what org this woman headed up though she has resigned and has appologised to the public. She also put in writting that the conditions were sub standard for the dogs she profits from.

What a disgrace.

The story about where the footage came from is that the property is up for sale, and the animal libbers went there posing as buyers... although how they got the diary footage is a mystery... it's not exactly stuff you'd show a prospective buyer of your property, is it?

T.

The story about where the footage came from is that the property is up for sale, and the animal libbers went there posing as buyers... although how they got the diary footage is a mystery... it's not exactly stuff you'd show a prospective buyer of your property, is it?

T.

Does it matter T? She has publicly stated her DD dogs have been and ARE being kept in sub standard conditions to BREED with. She has resigned and is now busy setting up another breeding facility!

I am grateful for the info I have received. I am glad that she has been exposed for all she is worth. I hope the people who exposed her stay hot on her tail when she moves and keeps each of us very well informed. I am glad she is on multiple radars.

You will never have a place on ANY news story (and then ACA) unless there is VERY good reason.

It's not like she's the first vet to be a puppyfarmer. That Ballarat MP puppyfarmer was also a vet as I recall.

Yes, he was exposed after 10 years of farming dogs in VIC in hideous conditions. Not only was he a vet he was also a MP.

Makes me feel sick.

Yep, I meant where did the diary footage come from, sorry didn't make that clear. The stuff said in the diary is appalling. If true, it's hideous and even more so given that she's a vet. I am interested to know where the footage of the diary came from though, as mentioned you wouldn't show that to a prospective property buyer.

And with all due respect Nic.B, plenty of inaccurate or biased stories end up on the news, and especially ACA.