Tick Collar

tomo

When we went to the vet she said not to use a Tick Collar until the Puppy is 4 months old. She is now 5 months old and we are checking out either

1) Virbac Preventic Tick Collar

2) Bay-o-Pet Kiltix Collar

Any recommendations?

those reviews are worrying. I know that more people are inclined to complain if they're unhappy as opposed to positively review if they are happy but those reactions, coupled with a product taking 2 weeks to become fully activated...hmmm.

Working in a pet store, when most people want something, they want to it work NOW. Preventic is a very commonly used tick collar in my area, outsells Kiltix 3:1.

• 1 month later...

We've been using the scalibor collar since we got our pup - about 6 weeks ago. It doesn't smell at all, and our pup doesn't seem to have had any reactions like those listed on amazon - I might check a bit more carefully though. He did scratch at it a fair bit when we first got it, but that could be because he was getting used to it? Was highly recommended by our vet. Great that it last for 3 months. I've lost a dog to paralysis tick before, and don't want it to happen again... We're yet to see a tick on our new pup.