Karma Is Coming For The Rspca?

redangel

With all the info drifting around the net these days i have come across these..

Obviously being the face of the Millon Paws walk doesnt get you any special priveleges...both the 2010 & 2012 dogs were alleged to have been pts after the event.... here is a posting with both stories..here

Not sure if petitions get anythig done, but i guess it gets people thinking...here

People are starting to think outside the square and check things out..

Not sure if petitions get anythig done, but i guess it gets people thinking...here<

No animal should be put to sleep if it has been offered a decent home by either an individual or another shelter. EVER

from the petition.

This does not mention ANY health/temp testing before passing a dog onto its decent home ....?

What is a 'decent' home ?

I know lots of good homes ...which could NOT cope with a Seperation Anxiety dog , or a dog who needed ongoing medical intervention . ...

AS for passing it on to another shelter .... 'pass the buck' ?

Not agreeing with the RSPCA's way of operating ..but feel the petition wording needs work ;)

Edited by persephone

Its going no where anyway. All this does is expose the emotionalism of it all and demonstrate why its a good thing to have policies in place to determine which dogs shoud be rehomed and which ones shouldnt. Governments and the general community dont care about whether dogs are being killed because someone determines they are nasty they care about dangerous dog issues and being seen to be protecting the community which is exactly what they say they are doing.

I am not posting to support/not support the petition. I was posting to show how the general public seems to me to be increasingly questioning the role of the RSPCA and similar organizations. Just the other week I was talking to people who have had friends bequeath many thousands of dollars to the society but are now deciding in light of things that have come to their attention are choosing not to do the same. These same people are finding other ways & organizations to support animal welfare. I guess my point is that of late it seems the RSPCA has been a topic of query and I was trying to show this and wondering if such questions are having an effect on its running generally and what will come of it.

Many times on this forum & out in publications people are asking questions. I think it is a good thing. People questioning things do make this more likely than accepting things just the "way it is". I was putting it up as an example of people questioning.

My personal opinion is that most operations in business and charity alike most likely have good & bad points people are going to disagree with....but the important thing is though emotional somewhere in the middle might be an answer perhaps.

Questioning the RSPCA is good. Getting attention from MPs and the relevant Minister would be better but something worded is more likely to do that.

Agreed -

The missing words in my post are "more clearly". Please fit them in after "worded".

Questioning the RSPCA is good. Getting attention from MPs and the relevant Minister would be better but something worded is more likely to do that.

Agreed -

The missing words in my post are "more clearly". Please fit them in after "worded".

Got that. Except I still think its going nowhere even if it is worded more clearly.

Agreed -

Got that. Except I still think its going nowhere even if it is worded more clearly.

No, it has to be far more organised than a petition and rants on Facebook.

Yes I agree on that.... I am dubious about petitioning, but then again as evidence has shown some MPs are either not interested or have financial interest in things that would not put them in a position to contest an arguement of merit...but none the less people approaching the MPs directly would have more effect than names on a page under a blanket statement.