Pet Dogs Stolen Nsw

kiesha09

Regardless, I have spoken with Hawkesbury Police and they have made it very clear this is not a disgruntled dog hater at work on this street/area, nor is it to do with noise complaints or any other possible reason.

How they can have definitive proof of what isn't happening is interesting, with only one dog found so far. :shrug:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tryhard dogfight idiots who read the newspaper? :shrug:

eta

OK, here's a story I don't really want to repeat

Hand on heart, many years ago I personally met a man who had been reduced to buying guinea pigs to blood his dingoes with. He started off with cheap or free pups (in those days you could buy a large crossbreed pup for $75 - $95 retail if you were desperate).

His name and face became known, he was watched and moved on to easier obtained and concealed FTHG kittens or rabbits.

He couldn't explain why his dingoes needed live animals. Some crap about keeping them antsy and alert and it being the best thing for them. In truth he was just a disgusting pig and a sadist.

So yes there are other reasons animals are stolen. Not all involve bull breeds or fighting but few are pleasant. People can be sick. If you can't absolutely rule out dog fighting except by anecdotal statements and a few stats then you have to look at it as one of many possible scenarios.

Yes according to anecdotal statements and a few stats martians from mars may have kidnapped the dogs for an intergalactic fight dog ring.

Yes there are other reasons why dogs are stolen. Cruel morons as in your example are more plausible than dog fight rings; bait dogs are not in keeping with the psych of a fighting dog.

Say's you! :laugh:

Call Hawkesbury Police yourself Lilli, then come back here and sprout you venom.

It's not your local area, your dogs are not at risk, why minimise the risk to dogs and owners? esspecially not knowing the facts.

Regardless, I have spoken with Hawkesbury Police and they have made it very clear this is not a disgruntled dog hater at work on this street/area, nor is it to do with noise complaints or any other possible reason.

How they can have definitive proof of what isn't happening is interesting, with only one dog found so far. :shrug:

All I know is council and police do not make statements like these without very, very good reason and proof HW :(

They are probably not giving anything away as they are investigating, though they are giving enough to warn dog owners in the area.

I was told 100% by police that the dogs stolen were taken to use as bait for dog fighting and that they are investigating the same.

I did ask if it was due to a disgruntled dog hater or some sort of low life neighbour taking things into their own hands and I was told 100% "No, keep your dogs locked up and out of view or keep them with you or inside your house :(

Guest donatella

I take it you have access to their files, investigations and links to the case?

All I know is council and police do not make statements like these without very, very good reason and proof HW :(

They are probably not giving anything away as they are investigating, though they are giving enough to warn dog owners in the area.

I was told 100% by police that the dogs stolen were taken to use as bait for dog fighting and that they are investigating the same.

I did ask if it was due to a disgruntled dog hater or some sort of low life neighbour taking things into their own hands and I was told 100% "No, keep your dogs locked up and out of view or keep them with you or inside your house :(

I agree - the police do not divulge all the information at their disposal. Likely they think they have supplied you with any relevant information. They probably have ongoing investigations happening.

Just because so called "professional" dog fighters don't use bait dogs does not mean that vicious idiots are not conducting their own "versions" of the "sport".

No, but from a logical perspective, I am aware of how difficult it is to prove a negative. :lollipop:

Guest donatella

Sure but people like police don't go bandying round ideas just for the fun of it, there is generally a lead, proof or insight to back their claims.

No, but from a logical perspective, I am aware of how difficult it is to prove a negative. :lollipop:

:confused: I do not understand this, why be so sarcastic??????

Get over yourselves :scared:

This is a dog forum. Forget about your "online" antics (and your agendas) for gods sake and FOR ONE MOMENT think about the dogs in this local area!

Sure but people like police don't go bandying round ideas just for the fun of it, there is generally a lead, proof or insight to back their claims.

Yes, and it is not the DOL police thank god.

This is a dog forum. Forget about your "online" antics (and your agendas) for gods sake and FOR ONE MOMENT think about the dogs in this local area!

How about you calm down and stop flinging insults about? You're making a complete pork chop of yourself and getting antsy with people for no good reason. We know it's a dog forum. Some of us also happen to work with and for police every day.

Yes, I abhore dog fighting. Yes, certain breeds ARE targetted for dog fighting... and shock horror they tend to be breeds of fighting ancestry.. and, no that is NOT denigrating those breeds.

You think people aren't taking the risk to dogs in the area seriously? I consider the risk to my dogs every damn day and I take steps to keep them safe. Strangely enough they are PRECISELY the steps the police have advised people i the local area to take here.

To be quite frank they are steps every dog owner should take every day, everywhere. Anyone would think dog fighting doesn't happen more widely than this area. If I owned any dog of fighting ancestry I'd be taking those steps even further to protect my dogs. If you own bull breeds and you allow them access to the front of your property, and don't keep them behind locked gates, you're flirting with disaster IMO.

Until such time as the police publicly state they have definitive proof that the dogs are being stolen as bait dogs, then IMO the owners in this area would be best to consider all possible threats to the life and safety of their dogs and take all possible steps to prevent them. That's not being sarcastic, its being smart IMO. Police have been known to get it wrong.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

How about you calm down and stop flinging insults about? You're making a complete pork chop of yourself and getting antsy with people for no good reason. We know it's a dog forum. Some of us also happen to work with and for police every day.

Yes, I abhore dog fighting. Yes, certain breeds ARE targetted for dog fighting... and shock horror they tend to be breeds of fighting ancestry.. and, no that is NOT denigrating those breeds.

You think people aren't taking the risk to dogs in the area seriously? I consider the risk to my dogs every damn day and I take steps to keep them safe. Strangely enough they are PRECISELY the steps the police have advised people i the local area to take here.

To be quite frank they are steps every dog owner should take every day, everywhere. Anyone would think dog fighting doesn't happen more widely than this area. If I owned any dog of fighting ancestry I'd be taking those steps even further to protect my dogs. If you own bull breeds and you allow them access to the front of your property, and don't keep them behind locked gates, you're a fool IMO.

Calm down yourself! What insults? And if anyone has made a 'porkchop" about themselves it is not me.

It will be the people who post away and say "Oh! dog fighting" is all untrue and some sort of old MYTH (and if you need me too I will quote posts/statements made by you/others in regard to dogs being stolen as bait in my local area)

It is a disgruntled neighbour??? Someone is pissed off so OBVIOUSLY they must have killed the dogs!

If you read back I have said make sure your dogs are safe in the local HP area.

Calm down yourself! What insults? And if anyone has made a 'porkchop" about themselves it is not me.

It will be the people who post away and say "Oh! dog fighting" is all untrue and some sort of old MYTH (and if you need me too I will quote posts/statements made by you/others in regard to dogs being stolen as bait in my local area)

It is a disgruntled neighbour??? Someone is pissed off so OBVIOUSLY they must have killed the dogs!

I wish you luck finding statements by me that dog fighting is a myth.

But if you think that dog fighting is the only possible answer to the issue of missng dogs, read this

But hang on its not Nic B's "opinion" is it? Haven't the police actually told her that is what is happening?

She said:

And

And I made the point that saying what is not happening is not the same as saying what is happening.... and that's not semantics. My view? In the absence of definitive proof that this is bait dog theft, address all possible scenarios.

That's assuming, of course that any dogs are missing. The Hawkesbury Gazette seems to suggest otherwise.

Well, if you think that dog fighting is the only possible answer to the issue of missng dogs, read this

I will not read anything at all. I am busy and beside that (and to be honest) I do not want to know.

I trust the Police and I know some officers well.

As I said call Hawkesbury Police if you have any doubts. They will make it clear to you.

I feel like I am talking to a brick wall.

But hang on its not Nic B's "opinion" is it? Haven't the police actually told her that is what is happening?

Yes, Though HW will not speak with them it appears. Happy to offer the number if that is any barrier.

I will not read anything at all. I am busy and beside that (and to be honest) I do not want to know.

I trust the Police and I know some officers well.

As I said call Hawkesbury Police if you have any doubts. They will make it clear to you.

I feel like I am talking to a brick wall.

You might want to read the full article in the Hawkesbury Gazette if you are in the area.

Yes, Though HW will not speak with them it appears. Happy to offer the number if that is any barrier.

Given that I don't live in NSW, nor in the Hawkesbury LAC, I'll not waste valuable police time simply because someone on a dog forum thinks I should.

I'll believe that they've got the answer when they make an arrest. Until then, I'll keep an open mind.

HW, Oh you are good!

You stated nothing in terms of SUPPORTING dog fighting, though you DID dismiss the OP and media statement in regard to dog fighting in my local area. You watered it down, gave it another spin, offered other options (pissed off neighbours etc) and now that has been proven wrong (dogs ARE being stolen to use to be used as bait or to fight) this is the best you can offer?

And I made the point that saying what is not happening is not the same as saying what is happening.... and that's not semantics. My view? In the absence of definitive proof that this is bait dog theft, address all possible scenarios.

Which is what I was trying to point out several posts ago but apparently that includes addressing the possibility of martian dognappers. :laugh: