Belly Laugh For The Day.

Steph M

Guest Maeby Fünke

Mine also love the BonoFido beds.... even the baby puppies and they seem really tough and take all the jumping and rolling around.... we have four in the house and they have lasted so much better than anything we used prior.

We never use the bean bags - too much mess. We had to stop people wanting to bring these into the boarding kennels - nowdays we ask people just to bring an old blanket or jumper from home for their dogs - sick of going up to the kennels and having to clean up what looks like a snow storm.

The Bono Fido beds are awesome... They have outlasted every other bed (even the Snooza ones), even with all of Oscar's chewing and sucking :laugh:

eta

This is his favourite...

http://www.bonofido.com/products/Country-Road-Range/66060

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Sonny has a $40 human leather look bean bag which he just adores. He is a bit if a bed hopper though as he also had a Dog Gone Smart dognut bed which he also loves & goes from one to the other till bed time when he is crated. Stella has 3 beds to choose from but the polished floor boards are her fav bed... Go figure... :)

https://www.obay.com.au/?go=product&product=760

I got that one for my puppy when he comes home. He might outgrow it / want something a little bigger - it says Toy/Small breed - but he's a French Bully so might be okay. I didn't think $43 was too much to spend. We'll soon see though!

I've bought stuff online from so many different sources. It's amazing the price differences - Amazon, mypetwarehouse, pet barn, Vet Products Direct, Obay...

Another BarkaParka bed lover here.... although mine ended up costing a whole lot more than the original price. My dog didn't like the beans either, so I took all beans out, went to shops and bought 6 pillows to place in the bed. As it is a size 45 bed, it is quite large. Once I did this with the 6 pillows, I decided that it wasn't high enough, and needed another 6 pillows to add on top of the others in the bed. Total price of pillows added up to similar in cost that the bed was. Then I decided to get another cover, so that I could wash one and use the other for a change. More $$. I don't even spend anywhere near this amount of money on myself EVER. Im queen of frugal :o I think all in total, once I added it up I had spent close to $800. I kid you not..... $800. This is insane, and to top it all off, my dog then became incontinent the day after I put pillows in it :banghead: , so I splashed out on a 'special' dry-top cover, which made too much noise and my dog didn't like it. The bed had then sat in the corner for the last 4 yrs, and it is only in the last 4 months, she will happily use it on our deck area. She did have a few sleeps on it when we first got it, but very few with the beans in it. I will try and post some photos.

I must say though, that the material that the bed is made of is excellent, and it should last the lifetime and beyond of your dogs. No dog hair penetrates the fibres of the bed, as it is made of twill (stitched 7 ways) and this prevents the hair or dirt penetrating the fabric. So there is never any dog odour. And dirt/hair just falls off with a quick shake. The covers wash beautifully and are also very quick to dry. Since our dog sleeps nicely in our bed though,,, and I was sick and tired of dog hair invading my sleeping quarters, I rang good 'ol BarkaParka back and they made me a custom made sheet for my queen size bed. So now, instead of vacuuming our bed everyday, I whip the sheet off, give it a quick shake, and all is good.

The End

Guest Maeby Fünke

Wow, looks comfy!

I have a navy blue one with white piping (no pocket).

Edited by Maeby Fünke

3604778955_7ba82551e4.jpg

3604780541_471ffd457f.jpg

That first photo is awesome! I have the one with the pocket too, but my guys never figured out what it was for. My youngest pug assumes it's for hiding his bones and toys in :laugh:

StaffSam... Your laughing... OMG,, I still cannot believe I did it. I was like a woman possessed. All in the aid of getting her the right bed. I think once I'd already spent THAT much, I was determined to get it 'right' eventually. Then I gave up and shoved the thing in the corner. It is heavy with 12 pillows in it. :)

Yep I get it... Just got to keep going until it works... My pup is 16 weeks old and I understand.. Those beds look awesome though and I jumped straight online to Suss it out the whole delux packageeek1.gif and then read your story... And thought no don't do it or the pic I post to show will end up being me sleeping in this faanncccy bed! VJB story and gorgeous pic made my nightsmile.gif

My girl doesn't like the noise of the beans either. I might give the pillow thing a try. I never thought of filling it with something else. May as well, never know she may even like it LOL

That pic of the dog in there upside down is gold!!

My boy has a rogz bed - $220 :eek: goes without saying due to his bed-eating-habits this one is for supervised use only :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Oscar's Barka Parka was $165 and his (Snooza) Good Dog Jack's Bed was $125. I got a medium but I really only needed a small - they're enormous! He chewed a hole right in the middle of the cushion and I have been meaning to get it repaired for ages.

http://www.gooddog.net.au/sorrento/jacks-bed

His Bono Fido Country Road lounger was $65.

I like the idea of putting pillows inside his Barka Parka, though I would have to put a polar fleece blanket on top because he doesn't like the material.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Another BarkaParka bed lover here.... although mine ended up costing a whole lot more than the original price. My dog didn't like the beans either, so I took all beans out, went to shops and bought 6 pillows to place in the bed. As it is a size 45 bed, it is quite large. Once I did this with the 6 pillows, I decided that it wasn't high enough, and needed another 6 pillows to add on top of the others in the bed. Total price of pillows added up to similar in cost that the bed was. Then I decided to get another cover, so that I could wash one and use the other for a change. More $$. I don't even spend anywhere near this amount of money on myself EVER. Im queen of frugal :o I think all in total, once I added it up I had spent close to $800. I kid you not..... $800. This is insane, and to top it all off, my dog then became incontinent the day after I put pillows in it :banghead: , so I splashed out on a 'special' dry-top cover, which made too much noise and my dog didn't like it. The bed had then sat in the corner for the last 4 yrs, and it is only in the last 4 months, she will happily use it on our deck area. She did have a few sleeps on it when we first got it, but very few with the beans in it. I will try and post some photos.

I must say though, that the material that the bed is made of is excellent, and it should last the lifetime and beyond of your dogs. No dog hair penetrates the fibres of the bed, as it is made of twill (stitched 7 ways) and this prevents the hair or dirt penetrating the fabric. So there is never any dog odour. And dirt/hair just falls off with a quick shake. The covers wash beautifully and are also very quick to dry. Since our dog sleeps nicely in our bed though,,, and I was sick and tired of dog hair invading my sleeping quarters, I rang good 'ol BarkaParka back and they made me a custom made sheet for my queen size bed. So now, instead of vacuuming our bed everyday, I whip the sheet off, give it a quick shake, and all is good.

The End

VJB, how did you take the beans out of Heidi's Barka Parka? I'm going to get some pillows for Oscar's today.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

I took it in the the bathroom. Placed in in the bath, so a at least if there was a spill, the bath would catch it. Then I got the inner roll of a paper towel. Opened the zipper bit just enough to fit cardboard inner roll into. Get large garbage bag, and then have someone else hold the garbage bag, while you lift and pour beans into it.

I fluked two child size bean bags for $15 each in Spotlight sale a while ago. With navy polar fleece cover & cotton lining, perfect for whippets.

Have just bought 3m zebra stripe polar fleece to make two new blankets for this winter, so they're set now.

Maeby Funke, I got the beans out of my Barka Parka yesterday with OH's help. Put the B.Parka half way in an opened garbage bag & opened the B.Parka up till all the beans fell out into the

garbage bag. Didn't spill any, which was great. Filled it with pillow's. Put it out last night but Stella wasn't keen to lay on it. See how she goes tonight :crossfingers:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Maeby Funke, I got the beans out of my Barka Parka yesterday with OH's help. Put the B.Parka half way in an opened garbage bag & opened the B.Parka up till all the beans fell out into the

garbage bag. Didn't spill any, which was great. Filled it with pillow's. Put it out last night but Stella wasn't keen to lay on it. See how she goes tonight :crossfingers:

I will do it next weekend, I think... I've been feeling a bit sick today :(