Belly Laugh For The Day.

Steph M

A friend of mine just spent $120 on a bean bag bed for a Maltese puppy she's getting in a few weeks, $120!!!! :rofl:

I mentioned I wouldn't be game to spend that much knowing what can happen to puppy beds and she said 'oh she'll only be small, what damage can she really do?'

Famous last words?

Ooooooh they do look nice, but the idea of coming home to $125 all over the floor leaves me cold. Plus, picking up beans is the chore that never ends.

One broke at mum's place years ago and you can still spot the odd bean in a corner a year or so after....

Ooooooh they do look nice, but the idea of coming home to $125 all over the floor leaves me cold. Plus, picking up beans is the chore that never ends.

One broke at mum's place years ago and you can still spot the odd bean in a corner a year or so after....

They are designed for dogs, so don't break like normal bean bags. They have a hidden zipper, and no latch on the zip so nothing to open it with unless you stick a paperclip in to slide it open (takes a lot of effort to do so!). The material is super super strong, i'm sure you'll find destructo-dogs who would destroy them, but a normal dog wouldn't. They also have a removable outer cover which is washable for when it gets peed on or dirty, so you don't have to wash the whole thing.

My guys love them because they are light enough to drag enough the house and put wherever they want them, and then they dig and make little holes to bury themselves in :laugh:

I'm operating on a no super expensive beds til we've all promised not to shred them rule.

I do really like them though, they are on the wish list. Long list that is...

Edited by Steph M

Steph M, when I read your first post I had the same reaction as you :laugh:

Then I clicked on your link minimax ... bad move! Now I just have to find $120 somewhere!!!!!

I brought a BarkaParka for Stella before I got her. Wonderful bed... Shame she won't even put her paw on it :( I put it out for her & Stella looked at it & that's it She hates it.

So it is sitting in the spare room gathering dust. They are well worth the money if your dog likes them though. Extremely well made & easy to remove covers for washing.

I brought a BarkaParka for Stella before I got her. Wonderful bed... Shame she won't even put her paw on it :( I put it out for her & Stella looked at it & that's it She hates it.

So it is sitting in the spare room gathering dust. They are well worth the money if your dog likes them though. Extremely well made & easy to remove covers for washing.

Max wouldn't use hers either, I think it was the noise. So when we got Boston I gave it to him and he loved it, so of course Max immediately decided it was her favorite bed and no one else was allowed to use it :rofl:

Reverse psychology works ;)

Max wouldn't use hers either, I think it was the noise. So when we got Boston I gave it to him and he loved it, so of course Max immediately decided it was her favorite bed and no one else was allowed to use it :rofl:

Reverse psychology works ;)

:laugh: :laugh: & yes I think it is the noise too. $160 worth of noise :laugh:

I just use a regular bean bag from K-Mart. I have it covered with a fluffy blanket, Mojo makes himself a comfy nest in it. He really loves it. He's never been a chewer so I'm not worried he'll chew it at all. I bought my other dog Bentley one...and he peed all over it, I dunno why? I didn't know what to do with it after that so it hung around the carport, smelling for 6 months or so, then one day we had room in the bin and out it went. Now Bentley lays on the floor (or his dad's lap) I aint buying him another. Even the ones from K-Mart aren't cheap.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Wonder where the invoice is for the bean bag bed I got my puppies, was probably around that price. Best beds I ever got (I have two) :thumbsup:

edit: found the invoice - $121.50 each (including delivery).

http://www.barkaparka.com.au/

Oscar has a Barka Parka, but he doesn't like it... I think he only sat on it once and got straight off. It's still brand new looking - maybe I should sell it? His favourite is the Bono Fido lounger.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

I had a bed destroyer....until I took her good bed away until bed time. She had access to old blankets and a tramp bed but not her cozy mattress. She no longer destroys beds, but during crazy hour (5-6) she will muck around with the blankets still.

I have spent a lot of money on several beds (and even home made one!) but she never has access to them during the day. It'll be the same with new pup.

Mine also love the BonoFido beds.... even the baby puppies and they seem really tough and take all the jumping and rolling around.... we have four in the house and they have lasted so much better than anything we used prior.

We never use the bean bags - too much mess. We had to stop people wanting to bring these into the boarding kennels - nowdays we ask people just to bring an old blanket or jumper from home for their dogs - sick of going up to the kennels and having to clean up what looks like a snow storm.

We had a bean bag bed in the cat run outside when we had a cat. The cat jumped on it from the top of the run and the bloody thing exploded. I went out for a look and because of the static on her coat, all the beans had clung to the cat and she was coated nose to tail in beans :rofl: funniest thing I ever saw :rofl: