I Can't Decide What Camera

Rainers

I'm stuck in a brain rut....reviews are no real help.

What would you get...a 60D plus more glass (probably 85mm) or a 6D?

Has anyone had both and how would you compare the ISO performance? I push my images a lot in editing, and often have to use 1600, and so if the 60D isn't much better than the 50D then it is kind of pointless I guess.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is marketed as and is semi pro, just not up to 5DIII standard. With the reports I've looked at, even with the noise reduction turned off on all of them, it's still

pretty much the same IQ as the 5DIII. It's a better camera than the 60D, but I'm still not entirely sure that means I need it either. The only one I know not to bother with is the 7D because none of what makes it 'better' than the 60D really makes any difference to me.

I don't know..I hate deciding these things.

No brainier if you can get it the 6D is awesome and amazing! The low light performance is every bit as good as the 5D mk iii

I agree with Huga I think you would regret not getting the 6D. Have you had a full frame before? Your pictures are already stunning you will be blown away with what a full frame can offer you! While the 6D is marketed as an entry level full frame I don't agree that the 6D is amateur quality unless you are going to be shooting in the rain and storms and need super weather sealing the 5D offers then the 6D is every bit as capable. I've seen some comparisons between the two cameras and decent glass on both cameras is producing the same quality images.

I just got the 85mm 1.8 it's sooooo nice! I haven't had the opportunity to use it on a little person yet but the few pics I have taken with it are great!

Edited by tlc

A friend recently got an 85mm from DWI and it had a fibre of somesort suspended in the element. Their after sales service was aweful so he put in a PayPal dispute and eventually got him money back. I know of another place i'll add the link later when I get home from work.

I got my 70-200 from DWI at Xmas time and have had no problems with it.

$1598.00 at DPP compared to $1799.00 at Kogan, seem a huge difference not sure why?

I recently got my 85mm and speedlight from Kogan, very happy with their service.

I've used DD Photographics before but then when I looked it up I read a lot of bad stuff... Same with Kogan. My mum's partner orders a TON of stuff from Kogan, but

I read one thread on whirlpool and lots of people had issues! I guess it's the same for every company.

I might go with DDP this time... Pretty sure I bought my last lens from there and it came very quickly.

I think your right no matter where you get it from there is always going to be fors and against! Can't wait to hear what you think of it! DDP has free postage on orders over $150 too.

Most of the recent pics on my facey page are taken with the 6D if you want to have a look feel free HERE

Apparently DDP take ages now, so I'm going to email the guy from My Camera Focus as I've heard good stuff too. DDP are apparently now taking 4-5 weeks, and I don't want to wait THAT long.

I think the 7D is the best value for money dog camera. The AF on the 6D isn't as fast as the 7D, the buffer depth is shorter with half the FPS, not ideal to catch dogs in action. Only a 1DX in full frame is better than a 7D for dogs IMHO?

Santo66 have you had/tried both cameras?

Just have add that the AF on the 6D is every bit as fast as the 7D. I've had both cameras and I use th 6D for the dogs all the time for fast running action and apart from the fps it's every bit as good actually I'd go as far as to say better. Of course it will depend on what glass your using too.

Santo66 have you had/tried both cameras?

Just have add that the AF on the 6D is every bit as fast as the 7D. I've had both cameras and I use th 6D for the dogs all the time for fast running action and apart from the fps it's every bit as good actually I'd go as far as to say better. Of course it will depend on what glass your using too.

In all honesty, no I haven't shot with a 6D, but we have a 7D and 5D MarkII. The 7D smokes the 5D2 in dog action and from what I understand the 6D is similar to the 5D2 in AF? The 7D takes a bit to get the AF set up though, I got a lot of shots just off focus with the 7D initially and didn't like it much to start with. In all fairness, the 5D2 and 6D were not meant to be action bodies, but with good composure and nice lens they will take some awesome shots. The other thing I find on FF is my lovely 70-200 2.8 is a bit short shooting from the sidelines where the focal range is better on the 7D effectively 320mm on the crop sensor. I don't see much advantage with FF other than better low light. The 7D with a 2.8 lens isn't shabby in lower light by any means I haven't found?

I have had a 30 minute shoot with a 1DX.......wow....the thing is insane in AF speed, accuracy and FPS, it's mind blowing, if only I could afford one :cry:

Edited by Santo66