Question About Showing An Imported Dog

cassie

I was told by Dogs NSW that I could enter the shows whilst I waited for re-registration BUT that I couldn't exhibit the dog if it hadn't come through. I was also told that it depended on whose name the Export Pedigree was in - if the Export Pedigree is in your name you can't show until re-registration has gone through, if it is the previous owner's name you have a period of time within which you can show the dog - I think it was 3 months but I didn't pay much attention as it wasn't relevant to me.

This is the response I got from Dogs SA when I emailed them:

Hi Cassie

Thanks for the re-registration. All is okay to enter the Riverland shows on the 14th – 16th June. The registration number to use is the NZ one – ie **********

It may be a couple of weeks before you receive an ANKC pedigree from this office.

You can show the dog as long as the Export Pedigree, weigh bill etc is lodged correctly with the appropriate fee, with your Canine Assn. you do not have to wait until all the paperwork is returned to you.

Cheers

This is the response I got from Dogs SA when I emailed them:

Hi Cassie

Thanks for the re-registration. All is okay to enter the Riverland shows on the 14th – 16th June. The registration number to use is the NZ one – ie **********

It may be a couple of weeks before you receive an ANKC pedigree from this office.

The reply about says it is OKAY - so you have no problems in participating at the show - regardless of whether the paperwork has been returned to you!

Good luck in the ring!!!!!

You can show the dog as long as the Export Pedigree, weigh bill etc is lodged correctly with the appropriate fee, with your Canine Assn. you do not have to wait until all the paperwork is returned to you.

Cheers

Must be different in NSW because, even though mine was lodged and the payment taken from my credit card, I was categorically told that I could NOT do anything with my dog until they confirmed the registration had gone through.

Cheers

Must be different in NSW because, even though mine was lodged and the payment taken from my credit card, I was categorically told that I could NOT do anything with my dog until they confirmed the registration had gone through.

Yes thats the same as I was told.