Puppy Bars

Lagotto58

I am looking to upgrade my vehicle to a new Xtrail and I was hoping to get some ideas of combinations that are available for this vehicle. I understand Puppybars have been installed in a lot of Xtrail vehicles so I was wanting some ideas, two/one door, underfloor storage/platforms etc, what are the sizes of the areas for two dogs etc, I have medium sized dogs but prefer to have them in the vehicle in separate areas.

I've recently purchased an xtrail and want some pupy bars but still thinking about how I want the back 'fit out' so will watch this thread with interest! I think I read in one thread that double doors on the back weren't really doable in an xtrail??

After months and months of trying to arrange a set-up for my X-trail I went with this http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=c374689e20320d745790701f4bb67474!/dog.transport.boxes?fref=ts. That's my X-trail in the pics. It's not totally what I wanted but was the best removable crate that I could find. It could have been slightly bigger but it just fits my dogs - German Wirehaired Pointers.

I've recently purchased an xtrail and want some pupy bars but still thinking about how I want the back 'fit out' so will watch this thread with interest! I think I read in one thread that double doors on the back weren't really doable in an xtrail??

I read that recently but I have double doors on top of a false floor so... :confused: Colin was also going to put a divider in but I asked him not to.

I read that recently but I have double doors on top of a false floor so... :confused: Colin was also going to put a divider in but I asked him not to.

Oooh, photo please?? :D

I got mine made by Zandona Trailers.....still in Victoria but I like them better than the PB ones I see. Mine are 100% made for my specific car, they were also heaps cheaper and only took a month from start to finish.

Mine are also black as they are made in the guys workshop from scratch they can be powdercoated in any colour.

If you have a new Xtrail, a 2 door isn't really suitable due to back ends "pear" shape. I wanted a two door originally with the option for a divider if I need one, but after measuring them up the guys showed me how much room I would have and it wasn't much....and my dogs are pretty slim!

I stuck with a single door and couldn't be happier :)

Definately recommend Zandona, if I remember I will take a photo and post it :)

I got mine made by Zandona Trailers.....still in Victoria but I like them better than the PB ones I see. Mine are 100% made for my specific car, they were also heaps cheaper and only took a month from start to finish.

Mine are also black as they are made in the guys workshop from scratch they can be powdercoated in any colour.

If you have a new Xtrail, a 2 door isn't really suitable due to back ends "pear" shape. I wanted a two door originally with the option for a divider if I need one, but after measuring them up the guys showed me how much room I would have and it wasn't much....and my dogs are pretty slim!

Do you have a false floor also?

jackC not sure where you are, 3mth waiting list and he is heading OS mid June so wants orders before then. I want two doors and a divider for medium sized dogs, not a problem door width should be around 45cm which should be fine. I actually thought the new xtrail looked bigger than my 8 year old one but the width is pretty much the same, maybe the length is a little longer. Great price I thought.

Yes one in the car and I might add a further one, adapted from my old xtrail for a bit more storage space under the caged area. I would be interested to see your photos.

Nope, I looked into that as well, but I didn't want a cargo barrier so having a false floor would have put the floor up to a height where the dogs could just step over the back seats and wouldn't be safe.

The new Xtrails have a 'false floor' anyway with drawers so you couldn't secure anything to them as they themselves aren't secure.

I am curious if anyone with xtrails with double doors what size is each door?

He makes them to order and does single and double boxes. So you could get him to quote. He's in Anstead in SEQ.

jackie W those transport boxes look good wonder if they do them for wagons too...but i want my dogs in one half of the boot and room for extra things in the other half of the boot...

I have a 2012 X trail and am on the waiting list for my puppy bars. I looked into Zandona but he didn't seem confident with fitting false floors to X trails so I decided to stick with Colin. Price also was no different for me :(.

I am getting a false floor ontop of the drawer system. Slightly less height but still enough room for my 4 aussies I would think. I asked for enough room to put a Trolley underneath. Should come up to the height of the wheel arches in the boot.

The single door for me. would have been too narrow with 2 doors I think. But I'm doing my door on the LHS so the dogs don't have to jump over the towbar all of the time.

Hope that helps. Will post photos once it's done!