Am I In My Rights To Do This?

mixeduppup

I've just sold a dog for one of my friends and the guy was meant to pick her up last Sunday, he cancelled and said it would have to be next Sunday. He put the payment in my account but I haven't touched it yet. This Sunday came and there was no phone call but he just didn't show. I texted him to find out what was going on and he said Monday between 1-2, so i left work early and came home to wait and it's now 3 and nothing. I called him to let him know that if the dog isn't picked up by 5 this afternoon I am transferring the money back into his account and selling to someone else who has been waiting. Am I in my rights to transfer his money back and sell her to someone else if she isn't picked up for the third time? I'm sick of waiting and have said no to quite a few people because he'd already paid.

Edited by mixeduppup

OK she's just been picked up, but gosh it was annoying waiting. By all accounts he's a good home and has a good set up but just waiting and waiting. But that's an interesting question anyway. once you've sold a dog can you 'unsell' it if the buyer doesn't hold up their end?

I've seen his home and he has a very nice set up and a very successfully run property, hence the reason i sold her to him. His dogs are very well treated and cared for and his vet really likes him. He has many dogs that no longer work but still live happily on his property anyway. it's a good home just unreliable in pick up apparently lol. But she's with him now and she loved him which was good. This dog wasn't mine, I was rehoming her for a friend and she was here for a few weeks whilst waiting for pick up