Coming Forward?

Hi all, we're working really hard on our focus while heeling, but I'm beginning to find that he's coming forward too far, and swinging his body sidewards while still moving forward, what is the best way to prevent this becoming an issue? he's hand targeting fairly well, and I generally try to "carry" my hands at my belly, this is still working in no/low distraction.

A really poor example, but just a quick one to show where I'm coming from hopefully.

http://youtu.be/Yd1Qtmuvhdw

You're rewarding at the front of your body, with your right hand. Try rewarding with your left hand, where you want him. He's following your hands. Even with my 'good' heeling dog I keep my hand on my left hip to show where to stay.

I'm shocking for rewarding with my right hand too ;)

You're rewarding at the front of your body, with your right hand. Try rewarding with your left hand, where you want him. He's following your hands. Even with my 'good' heeling dog I keep my hand on my left hip to show where to stay.

I'm shocking for rewarding with my right hand too ;)

Thanks, After I watched the video, I did wonder if that was the issue... I've been called on it before... will try... I also have to practice a "new" release word... After the release word thread, I think I'll change from "ok' to "freedom"

Yep...agree..reward with the hand closest to the dog otherwise he will be forever gravitating to your front. Your hand should be on the seam of your pants & you reward "down the drain".