Dogs Are Weird...just Saying...

Did you say let's go swimming in an icy cold dam in the middle of winter, oh yes please mum! Oh wait no, you said warm bubble bath followed by relaxing in front of the heater, are you mad woman?

You'd think I regularly beat her with the shampoo bottle :laugh:

Edited by kelpiecuddles

While I'm here can anyone recommend a not too expensive product for getting stains out of fur? my basset gets an orangey coloured staining in her skin folds under where her collar sits, it's not irritated or smelly, just the skin oils discolourinh her fur i'm pretty sure.

I have a dog here that despite having a blanket lined bed, and another blanket lined bed indoors still loves to celebrate Winter waiting to the really cold frosty days and sleep outside in the yard on cold ground or exposed concrete. Shivering dramatically whenever I walk into view mind you.

Yes, dogs are weird.

I think there is some sort of whitening shampoo for horses if the regular stuff doesn't sort it. I've seen people recommend apple cider with "mother?" in it from health food shops (not the orange juice section of the supermarket), for sorting the stains on SWF tear ducts and faces and paws. I guess you could try a diluted solution of that to see if it makes a difference.

Did you say let's go swimming in an icy cold dam in the middle of winter, oh yes please mum! Oh wait no, you said warm bubble bath followed by relaxing in front of the heater, are you mad woman?

You'd think I regularly beat her with the shampoo bottle :laugh:

Sounds exactly like my Lappie - she will swim in the pouring rain in the middle of winter but try to bath and dry her :bolt:

Yep I'm about to take mine out of his freezing clam shell pool and give him a nice warm bath. He has the anti cruelty people on speed dial apparently.

Edited by hankdog