Harnesses For Dogs With A Pronounced Breast Bone?

My basset has quite a sticky out breast bone and I find most harnesses don't sit well on her as the strap that runs down the chest slips to one side or the other. Anyone able to recommend something that might solve this? Even better if it has a car attachment as that's what we use it for but I'll just use a short clip attachment if not.

My basset has quite a sticky out breast bone and I find most harnesses don't sit well on her as the strap that runs down the chest slips to one side or the other. Anyone able to recommend something that might solve this? Even better if it has a car attachment as that's what we use it for but I'll just use a short clip attachment if not.

'Black Dog' make one that goes across the chest rather than down...

I think the puppia ones would be worse unfortunately. Atleast with the ones where the chest piece is seperate it just slides to the side, I think the puppia one would have the whole harness twisted unfortunately.

I'll have a look at Black Dog and see what they have :)

Hopefully you can find one that sits correctly. Petbarn was really good when we had to try on harnesses with Sam for after an operation, normal harnesses and collars would of rubbed over the operation sites so we tried on lots of harnesses and settled with the Ezydog one.

I have an ezydog harness for tracking, used to use a step in harness but I didn't like it as it twists to the side if the dog pulls that way. The ezydog one has some sort of hard stuff inside what I call the saddle of the harness and this prevents it from rolling- as you can see my dog has a big pointy chest but the new harness is very adjustable so we have the chest strap sit on top of his pointy bits!

post-49165-0-38140200-1371191659_thumb.jpg