All These Dog Napping Stories

*kirty*

I checked the AWL Qld Facebook page.... no happy update on the young staffy picked up by a woman claiming to know him. Happened Saturday & if she'd been genuine and discovered mistake, there's been time for his microchip to be checked & real owner found.

In the mid '80's I bred a litter, 8 pups. By the time they were a year old 7 had been stolen from their homes & only 1 was ever seen again (she was found dead). The 8th lived his entire life behind a 6 foot fence or in the constant company of one of his owners. It's been happening for years and is heartbreaking.

Edited by Sandra777

I dont have any gates into the rear of my property, only access is through the garage which is locked and the garage is armed :) so anyone opening the door the alarm will sound.

Its quite scary, my facebook too is full of things everyday of pets stolen, let out, properties marked etc....I too am not in a position to leave my dogs inside during the day..but I have some assurance in that the neighbours around me a mostly home, there are no gates to my property...

The only thing we can all do is keep our eyes out for anything that we may find even slightly strange, even if its asking your neighbours about people going to their property, just so everyone knows everyone is keeping their eyes open :)

According to the Geelong Advertiser in early June 2013 - it is a hoax

Link 1

The Australian in May reported that it is true.. There is a dog snatching ring in Brisbane's Bayside area

Link 2

According to the Hoax Slayer - the dog fighting gang stealing dogs by marking houses with stickers etc, isn't true

Link 3

Will we ever know the truth?

Dog fighters guard their 'sport' with as much tenacity as the dogs they choose to fight in the rings.

A few years back now, we had the misfortune to run into a guy (he actually showed up at our place with a friend of ours) who was mouthing off about just such a ring out near Yass.

We questioned him quite a bit about and although he told us some information, he was also quite elusive with more important details - like the where and when..

Further investigation on our part, led us to believe that there was such an event held out that way.

Apparently they moved the venue from 'farm to farm' so as not to bring attention to it.

Personally I think it is disgusting and those involved should be locked up..

My gates are always locked with padlocks and a bike lock on the side gate.

I never take my dogs in and out of my gates - they only ever enter and exit from my property via my front door..

I could leave the gate open and Ollie would never walk out of it.

I almost trust Zig enough to leave it and walk away for an extended time - I can leave it open while I mow the front grass and he doesn't come out - but I am not sure what would happen if he saw another dog go by (I think the temptation to say hello would be a bit much for him)..

Some good news about Kingston the Staffy.... taken by a lady who said he was another dog. The real owner put a sign in the spot where the witness saw her put him in her car.]

Seems the lady found he wasn't that dog.... & returned to the spot where she'd picked him up. And saw the sign. Immediately called real owner & there was a happy reunion.

Owner posted: 'My faith in humanity is restored. Very, very happy.'

And she wouldn't be alone. :)

Edited by mita

Some of the these things are true. We have had about 4 occasions where our fur kids have been either been let out via the 2 sets of front gates or by kicking the back fence palings out. On 3 occasions people were seen doing it and stopped. Do take this seriously as it is heartbreaking to think that they were nearly bait dogs for dog fighting rings. I had police and council out and they kept their eyes on the place. Just keep your dogs safe.