British Bulldog

chevy72

The ad actually states the puppies will be desexed before going to their new home. Hardly the actions of a big bad puppy farmer.

Ummmmmmmmm -- quite a lot of puppy farmers with "rare" colours desex prior to sale, cuts down on the competition.

Snap Rebanne :D

Edited by Sandra777

The ad actually states the puppies will be desexed before going to their new home. Hardly the actions of a big bad puppy farmer.

Ummmmmmmmm -- quite a lot of puppy farmers with "rare" colours desex prior to sale, cuts down on the competition.

Well that flies in the face of all the other generalisations or alleged facts about puppy farmers then doesn't it.

The main one being that they are only looking to make money, so much so that they keep as many as they can and offer very little health care. Paying to desex lowers profit.

At least make the argument valid.

This person is surely looking at the dollars and sadly I believe there would be someone out there who would pay such a ridiculous price for what a appears to be an even more ridiculous claim.

Edited by ~Anne~

Well that flies in the face of all the other generalisations or alleged facts about puppy farmers then doesn't it.

The main one being that they are only looking to make money, so. USB so that they keep as many as they can and offer very little health care. Paying to desex lowers profit.

At least make the argument valid.

This person is surely looking at the dollars and sadly I believe there would be someone out there who would pay such a ridiculous price for what a appears to be an even more ridiculous claim.

Paying a few hundred to desex a $15,000 puppy isn't cutting much into profits.

But I agree they don't look like puppy farmers, puppy farmers tend to be into large quantities not small quantities at large prices. Just trying to cash in on a few people who have too much money and not enough sense.

Pretty much Mini Max. I don't think we can pigeonhole all breeders into neat little categories and expect them all to fit without any overlap. I know of breeders I would consider to be puppy mills that are sporting ANKC registration - they qualify as puppy mills from my perspective due to the amount of bitches whelping at any given time, and very, very suspect pedigrees on some of the dogs. Definitely not responsible breeders, yet still registered and issuing papers with pups.

On the other hand I know of very responsible breeders with no ANKC rego, but still the dogs are bred carefully to standard with temperament, health and performance all deeply considered before any breeding is undertaken. Still these would be considered BYB technically.

It's difficult to define "responsible breeding", the breeders would have to be contacted directly and questioned on their breeding planning and goals, return policies, health & temperament tests etc.

Hard to say where these Bulldogs fit, since the ad doesn't give enough info to ascertain the amount of care and planning the breeder has put into the litters in respect to health and temperament and long term breeding plans.

I would tend to think that all things being equal, assuming they are adhering to all the ethical standards we generally accept as mandatory, if they can get $15000 per pup, then go for it.

IDK I think I paid about $120 for my dog, that fee covered desexing, vaccinations, microchipping and lifetime registration.

$15K is completely nuts IMO, but there are plenty out there with more dollars then sense. In considering the depth and breadth of human stupidity I've witnessed, frankly it wouldn't surprise me much if they did find buyers at that price.

Farmer will have multiple bitches in whelp at a time, churning pups out en masse, hence the names Mill & Farmer. A BYB won't. The difference in terms is differentiated by volume of pups produced, as I understand it.

Farmer will have multiple bitches in whelp at a time, churning pups out en masse, hence the names Mill & Farmer. A BYB won't. The difference in terms is differentiated by volume of pups produced, as I understand it.

Yes, and that is the way most would see it also.

$15,000 per puppy two litters a year and never work again.

Wonder why lots of people are not attempting this.

Because I doubt many people actually have $15k to throw on a puppy.

I don't know there are people that will pay more for a car than the median house price!