Nominations For Charity

Mystiqview

I have also posted this into the rescue forum:

My husband and I are in a local 4wd club. He is the sergeant at arms. Through fines for club members he has raised about $380 for the year.

Money from the sergeants funds always go to a charity of the sergeant's choice.

Through having animals ourselves and me being a breeder, we have chosen an animal charity to give this years takings to.

We would like some suggestions on Good charities where the money given will be well and efficiently used.

We would prefer a Queensland charity as we are based in Brisbane.

Three we have considered ourselves ( in no particular order )are:

Animal Rescue Qld

Wildcare Australia

Wildlife Preservation Society of Qld

While all charities do good work and always need money and things, we want this money to actually go where it is needed the most.

We are looking at animal related charity. It does not have to be dog/cat related as you can see we are also considering wildlife charities.

Please when you nominate a charity, can you please give a brief description WHY this charity should receive the donation.

Regards

Tracie

Could I be cheeky and nominate Peiradise Pei Pals Inc? Newly formed and they aim to help me rescue Shar Pei. Up until now I have been a private rescue and have spent well over $50,000 in vet fees alone in the past five years. Add in food, other meds, toys, beds, harnesses, leads, etc and the cost goes over $150,000. My work is in the process of trying to medically retire me so obviously I won't be able to continue rescuing Shar Pei if I lose my job. I have a few people who give small donations to my vet to help with fees. I currently need to find just over $3000 for the next pallet of food. PPP is able to subsidise $1000 of this for me at this stage.

Could I be cheeky and nominate Peiradise Pei Pals Inc? Newly formed and they aim to help me rescue Shar Pei. Up until now I have been a private rescue and have spent well over $50,000 in vet fees alone in the past five years. Add in food, other meds, toys, beds, harnesses, leads, etc and the cost goes over $150,000. My work is in the process of trying to medically retire me so obviously I won't be able to continue rescuing Shar Pei if I lose my job. I have a few people who give small donations to my vet to help with fees. I currently need to find just over $3000 for the next pallet of food. PPP is able to subsidise $1000 of this for me at this stage.

Excellent suggestion... I'll second supporting Peiradise!

T.

Thank you all for your suggestions. We made a decision tonight at the suggestion of an independent source.

We have decided on "Save the Fraser Island Dingo Fund"

They are in desperate need of a care facility as there is no such facility on Fraser Island.

This ticks many boxes: the dingo is considered as Australia's only native dog (although some would dispute this), its endangered and threatened by many factors. Dr Alan Wilton whom many in the dog world know as being a prominent researcher and developer of DNA tests for many dog breed genetic disorders including the Border Collie also did a lot of work in genetics for the Fraser Island Dingo.

We think that it is only appropriate that we help this group.

Also as a responsible 4wd club, we go out to enjoy nature and if it is not looked after, future generations will not get to enjoy much we do now.

Thank you again.