Those Who Are Giving Glucosamine

Clyde - you could also check out Rose-Hip Vital Canine. I had my young dog on Glyde (numerous ortho-related issues) and didn't think Glyde was doing a particularly good job. She had previously been on Joint Guard. Within weeks of starting her on the RHVC she was back racing up stairs which is something she hadn't done in many many months. But as I just said in the RHVC thread i do think its a bit of trial and error and not every product works for every dog.

Boronia - Have you noticed any improvement using the Synflex yet?? Might be a bit early to tell but just wondering how you are finding it :)

I have noticed an improvement mostly in Penny (Mac is harder to figure out as he is a little 'special' anyhow). Penny has become much bossier, she very rarely barks but was telling Mac off for lying on the sofa in the exact spot that was above the hard-foam cushion that is used to help them jump onto the sofa...she wanted to hop up in that exact spot. She has never attempted to jump up on O/H chair but has managed to get up on it the last 2 days.

She appears to be more supple (if that is the word), perhaps she is, or perhaps she is not feeling her aches and pains so much. She is also hopping up and down the steps (all 17 of them) much easier.

Mac just do's what he's gotta do :) though his seems to be more cheerful, hard to tell though, he is pretty cruisy anyhow and I may be reading positive results when there are none there.

He still goes huff huff huff (the same noise a child makes when you are trying to take off their band-aid) when I wipe his eyes or grind his nails...I don't think that'll ever change!

1374536086[/url]' post='6260796']

Clyde - you could also check out Rose-Hip Vital Canine. I had my young dog on Glyde (numerous ortho-related issues) and didn't think Glyde was doing a particularly good job. She had previously been on Joint Guard. Within weeks of starting her on the RHVC she was back racing up stairs which is something she hadn't done in many many months. But as I just said in the RHVC thread i do think its a bit of trial and error and not every product works for every dog.

Thanks Ness, will do some reading on it now. Appreciate your helpsmile.gif

What does everyone think of Glyde? It's been recommended for my Pug who has hip dysplasia.

It looks fine, but never heard of this particular product. Green Lipped Mussel is a great product for both humans and dogs in my opinion. It is one of the best sources of EPA and DHA too.

$43 altogether, I think it was $33 for the Synflex and $10 post, I ordered it in the afternoon and I got it 2 day's after. If you want to talk to George just fill in the contact details page here--> http://www.dogcancer.net.au/canine-cancer-contact-us.php, he will probably phone you back.

Cheers!

I have seen a few people plugging Rose-Hip oil, I might have a bit of a look at it, thanks!

KP

I give mine Synoflex. My vet told me he was part of the study with the vet teaching hospital with that and Rimadyl. They do a plate test, which shows which leg isn't putting full weight down. To their surprise the Synofled came out best. It is natural and doesn't have the side effects NSAIDs do. I was never sure how good the quality of the Glucosamine was.

Over the years I have tried many things to help Ernies joints, Some things work for some dog and not for others. I didn't have much luck with the green lip mussel. I have heard the more expensive the better and I am a bit of a cheap skate sometimes so it may not have been good enough.

Boronia I'm so pleased to hear it sounds like it might be working… it can take awhile and may or may not work for your dog but like I said it did wonders for mine! Pleased you were able to give it a go and the WA company was helpful. I looked back on some videos I had of my last girl before putting her on synflex and her limping was really bad - always worse in winter of course but in her last few years it definitely improved to the point you wouldn't know anything was wrong. Give us an update in a few months or so when it should really start taking affect thumbsup1.gif

I give mine Synoflex.

Do you have a link for this product? (I don't get any results on Google for Synoflex)

I didn't have much luck with the green lip mussel. I have heard the more expensive the better

This is sometimes true, but it is more important to buy from a reputable company. Also there is cold pressed, freeze dried, etc, so this also plays a part in the quality.

KP.

I give mine Synoflex.

Do you have a link for this product? (I don't get any results on Google for Synoflex)

I didn't have much luck with the green lip mussel. I have heard the more expensive the better

This is sometimes true, but it is more important to buy from a reputable company. Also there is cold pressed, freeze dried, etc, so this also plays a part in the quality.

KP.

here ya go KP---> http://www.dogcancer.net.au/dog-arthritis-synflex.php

and the contact details in Australia--> http://www.dogcancer.net.au/canine-cancer-contact-us.php

• 1 month later...

There's some great information here, fantastic to be able to compare products. The only one I didnt try was Rosehip with my old dog. He was a large rotti and had hip and elbow displaysia.. Thankfully I found a great animal chiropractor and he worked miracles - my boy had no symptoms of aging movement wise until he was 12 and then I used Onsior (through my vet) when needed.

There's some great information here, fantastic to be able to compare products. The only one I didnt try was Rosehip with my old dog. He was a large rotti and had hip and elbow displaysia.. Thankfully I found a great animal chiropractor and he worked miracles - my boy had no symptoms of aging movement wise until he was 12 and then I used Onsior (through my vet) when needed.

whereabouts was/is your chiropractor EG?