Does Anyone Have Advice For A Dog With Soft Pads?

KIrislin -- No corns or anything hard or rough. I have already read the post on foot corns and her problem is nothing like that.

What I see when I look at her pads is as follows :

I do know that dogs sweat through their feet and her feet are often wet even in dry weather (as in sweaty)

She does have small grey spots on some of her pads, when I press on them she will pull away as if I hurt her :

I wonder if she has a fungal infection. You could try bathing in betadine, which is iodine based.

can you post a photo of the grey spots?

Edited by Kirislin

I doubt that Mushers will improve the toughness of the pads. I have used it in the past as a moisturiser for a dog with dry cracking pads, and ithelped to soften them. In the picture abovethe pads appearto be swollen and tight. Is it possible for to take him to a dermatologist, or at least get someblood tests done to see if anything else is goingon?

I think I'd try once a day wash with betadine solution. Even if it's not fungal it wont hurt her, might be worth a try. If you do, make sure you get in between her toes as well.

Edited by Kirislin

5 Days of treatment and today is the first day she hasn't stopped and refused to continue our walk, she is no longer hopping or limping on her hind feet and today she actually wanted to pull out on her lead and run.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yea for Musher's Secret.

5 Days of treatment and today is the first day she hasn't stopped and refused to continue our walk, she is no longer hopping or limping on her hind feet and today she actually wanted to pull out on her lead and run.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yea for Musher's Secret.

That is awesome news! Keep up with the Mushers Secret before and after long walks especially if on paths, gravel or bitumen. I agree that as others have said that I don't believe it will harden or toughen paws per se, but it will protect and heal. I would imagine that the paws will naturally become more resistant to the issues you have been experiencing over time. :thumbsup: