Would I Look Like A Weirdo Turning Up To A Show

So i have a problem. I have stuffed shoulders and no so good hands/wrists either. The thought of having to carry everything in to a show while walking dogs is doing my head in. Next thought was a show trolley but with my shoulders and the little wheels and a heavy dog or two I can see that ebing a nightmare as well, i am much better pulling a load than pushing. I found the Petmobil http://www.ebyte.webd.pl/sklepEN/?5,petmobil-size-m-complete show trolleys via google and thought they would be perfect but they seem to only be available in the EU(or possibly get one here for an exhorbitant amount with shipping) But really to look at them they are essentially a garden cart with a wire crate attached... So I had a look on ebay and found these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Lawn-Garden-Utility-Hand-Truck-Steel-Gardening-Wagon-Farm-Cart-Barrow-300kg-/190851410400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2c6fa169e0 which would work perfectly with a wire crate bolted on top since the sides are removable.

But the question is, would I look totally ridiculous towing one in to a show... :rofl:

I know of a few clubs that use these to cart out and put away their ring equipment. I had thought of using one but fitting in with all the other crap going to and from the show was a problem, but at the show they would be perfect.

Several people use them.

Forget about what you look like!! Its a dog show - no

one cares :)

I was going to say the same thing, who cares what it looks like, as long as it works. My shoulders are stuffed as well but I can still cope with a trolley to wheel my gear in. The reaching behind in my case would be much worse. Maybe ask someone you know for a go on pushing a fully laden trolley to see how you go.

You usually set up all your gear before you bring the dogs over as well.

I can't easily lift my arms to the front to push things, I had to ditch the pram when my daughter was still quite young because I couldn't push it. Where do you leave your dogs while you set your gear up? They'd happily stay in the car in cold weather but I wouldn't won't to do that in hotter weather and I won't have a trailer any time soon.

I can't easily lift my arms to the front to push things, I had to ditch the pram when my daughter was still quite young because I couldn't push it. Where do you leave your dogs while you set your gear up? They'd happily stay in the car in cold weather but I wouldn't won't to do that in hotter weather and I won't have a trailer any time soon.

How will you go lifting a cart into and out of the car? I think a lightweight trolley is going to be easier and you're not pushing them that far.

If you are only showing one dog, you should manage one trip most of the time. Otherwise take gazebo, dog and crate or trolley, set that up and go back for the rest.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I put grills in the back windows, a windscreen shade thing up and have been known to throw a silver side over the car while it is parked for the day. Dogs are very last thing in. Air con is on by that stage as well.

In the morning it is rarely that hot but I tie them inside and have windows and the back wide open until I get them out. I also have a tow bar I can tie them to.

People pack/unpack in stages ,walking dog & gear at the same time isn't what we generally do & keep in mind the more crap you take then packing the car can become an issue if set items need to go in first.

Also keep in mind pushing gear on a cross country terrain isn't easy especially with a dog in tow & maneuvering around peoples stuff & controlling the dog .

It comes down to how much money you want to spend ,i use the fold up trolleys for crates & the ezy ups also fit on them ,i find them great for all grounds & easy to pack away.

I also have show trolleys but there not cheap & some aren't designed for alot of gear to go in & push.

so glad I found this thread. I have work related injuries to my right shoulder and wrist and struggle with lifting things, even reaching to have a scratch or undo a button behind my back is impossible. I am seriously looking at giving the show ring a try but wondered how I would get my crate to where I needed it to be and any other items. I do have a two wheel trolley but was thinking I would look like a weirdo, now I won't feel like the odd one out. I must say I think I like that trolley better though. :thumbsup:

Looking at that I would be tempted to harness the dog to it and just lead the dog but that might not work out too well once you start crossing lawn and dodging other people with show gear and dogs :laugh: