Mita Where Are You?

PAWS have released a description of Karuna.

Karuna means compassion and we have named this little Tibetan Spaniel to honour the highly respected palliative care service established in Brisbane by the Tibetan Buddhists who have been very kind and compassionate to a friend of Karuna�s foster carer. Karuna is in foster care with two small and one medium sized dog and, when he is not playing with them, loves to snooze on the couch, in your lap or stretched out on the floor. Karuna also enjoys going out with the family in the car. Karuna has a wonderful smile, a beautiful soft, silky coat and is very Tibbie in behavior as he thinks he is a Prince. Karuna would like a new home with a family or retired couple who will not leave him on his own for long periods and the companionship of another small friendly dog would also suit him. Karuna is a house dog that is house trained and will require indoor access at all times.

Karuna comes desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed, on heartworm prevention and with NSW Local Council lifetime registration. He has also had a recent dental (teeth cleaned under anaesthetic).

Contact details on http://www.paws.com.au Click Rescued by Denise. Scroll down to Karuna.

post-3304-0-36586900-1381111653_thumb.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised he's not already snapped up!

He would be if he could buy a plane ticket to France! :)

Did you see you got the 'Prince' label right. Just how his PAWS' carer described him, too.

A tibbie breeder I saw at the royal show had pictures of hers in a little crown and cloak - perfect tibbie attire!

They all think, I mean know, that they are royalty ; p

This petrescue listing is apparently a tibbie x pug.

http://www.petrescue...listings/252871

If parentage is actually known and not a guess then he is a wonderful example of how mixing two breeds can give a totally unexpected result.

I cannot see either breed in him to be perfectly honest - what do the tibbie experts say?

My guess (please don't look until AFTER you've guessed I don't want to prejudice you! laugh.gif

I see probably papillon and small terrier mix

LOL I have just seen a third picture of Omar that shows scale (I suspect the pic I was basing my guess on was just a puppy pic). He is about three times the size I imagined and no where near as fine boned as the other picture!!!eek1.gif Dear o dearie me, he must have been eating his Wheaties! rofl1.gif

LOL I have just seen a third picture of Omar that shows scale (I suspect the pic I was basing my guess on was just a puppy pic). He is about three times the size I imagined and no where near as fine boned as the other picture!!!

Did that make you change your guess? I haven't looked at your guess yet.

I'm still staring at the pics & getting nowhere. :)

His front doesn't match his back end. Front end looks like some kind of spaniel ( Tibbies are not spaniels, label just got tacked on). Back end has an upcurled tail that lies along his back... don't know any spaniel that has that (Tibbies do but they're not spaniels).

I'm no expert as this shows. :D

Contrast Omar with Kalua (at AWL Qld). She's labelled Chi X but spotted as a Tibbie X.

Edited by mita

Did that make you change your guess? I haven't looked at your guess yet.

Ummm, yes. laugh.gif My guess was mainly based on the fine delicate bone I saw in the first pic. I definitely have to upsize from that...unless the human legs depicted in picture three are those of a dwarf, then Omar is about the size of a cocker spaniel or a show-line SBT.

Most terriers have the looped over tail - in the past they were usually docked so that sort of tail is often more associated with the spitz breeds.

Oh Kalhua! Yes the Tibbie stands out and I admit to seeing Chi in her eys and muzzle as well! She is a cutie!biggrin.gif

Edited by RuralPug

• 3 weeks later...

Little Legs Rescue Qld took in Cody, a Shih Tzu & Susie, a Tibetan Spaniel, when their owner went into care. Both are much loved 12 yr olds. Safe with a great foster-carer until they get a new home, together. Cody & Susie are devoted soul mates. Cody just had a dental operation & here's a video of Susie comforting him:

BTW I think Susie might be a very good purebred. She's the image of our Qld bred, Angel, who was an Australian Champion. Her carer says she's very healthy, looks hardly 8 years old and is confident & loving.

Edited by mita