Mita Where Are You?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for heaven's sake, nobody tell Esky about Mop and Duster!

4Paws looks like a great rescue - I love rescues that support the seniors!

It was Esky who first told me about Mop & Duster. :)

Yes, 4Paws is fantastic .... great band of people ... with a love of seniors, too. Lot of retired people live in that Sunshine Coast area, so some come in, when elderly people go into care.

Just found out the other day, the great lady who runs 4Paws, owns a Tibbie herself.... a senior. :)

My god, he's so beautiful! What a knockout. And doesn't he know how to pose. :) RP said from the first time she got him in foster-care, that he had a gorgeous nature. You're going to win piles of new friends whenever you take him out. Valbitz, the stubborn bit is so like a Tibbie. They approach everything with the questions, 'The point of this is... what?' and 'What's in it for me?'. If you can give a Tibbie a convincing answer for both.... it'll be in like a shot, & never forget.'So different from the working breeds we used to have, who said, 'Your wish is my command!'.

He loves the camera Mita, having been trying to take photos while he is doing something but as soon as he sees the camera he poses. I think Billy was a male model in a previous life :D

Yay!! Thank you for the pics :) So happy to see such an amazing ending!!Stubborn? A Tibbie? Noooooooooooo...... Haha ; p

When I take him for a walk we get 200 metres from home and he plants his butt on the ground, looks at me as if to say, "nup no going home yet". Confused me at first but I've out smarted him by taking him a different way home :laugh: Billy will be a challenge to train but I am more stubborn than he is, obedience school here we come. No doubt he will embarrass and frustrate me. Luckily I have my secret weapon, roast chicken :D

Wonderful news Val! How lovely to see the lad looking so at HOME :thumbsup: I hope your kitties have forgiven you :laugh:

Well cats haven't moved out of home yet and Billy is wary of getting too close to them, he gets a warning growl and he backs off. Sometimes he pushes the limits but he is generally a gentleman when it comes to the cats.

Val, congratulations on your most perfect boy, love "that look" - such big eyes. :flower:

Billy can be very stubborn so I guess he isn't perfect but the most important thing is that he is perfect for us and we love him for who he is and I'm pretty sure he likes us as well.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, and another very big :thanks: to RuralPug and Pam for all your help

Sneaking in a plug for a p/b Tibbie boy, named Tibby, who's for adoption from 4Paws Animal Rescue at Nambour, Qld (just north of Brisbane). His foster-carer describes him as a real honey-bear type Tibbie, same as Billy. She says she'll miss him when he goes (sound familiar?).

Full description, pic, application details here (don't know if they do interstate):

http://www.4pawsanimalrescue.org.au/dogs.html

What a beautiful boy he is, I hope he finds the perfect forever home.

The rest of the dogs on the website are gorgeous as well, what a wonderful rescue

He loves the camera Mita, having been trying to take photos while he is doing something but as soon as he sees the camera he poses. I think Billy was a male model in a previous life :D

Yay!! Thank you for the pics :) So happy to see such an amazing ending!!Stubborn? A Tibbie? Noooooooooooo...... Haha ; p

When I take him for a walk we get 200 metres from home and he plants his butt on the ground, looks at me as if to say, "nup no going home yet". Confused me at first but I've out smarted him by taking him a different way home :laugh: Billy will be a challenge to train but I am more stubborn than he is, obedience school here we come. No doubt he will embarrass and frustrate me. Luckily I have my secret weapon, roast chicken :D

My boy is a poser - he seems to know what you are doing and will hold a pose for as long as you need ; P

Training wise - a tip I found that worked was to use fresh chicken, meatballs and liver - all three. That way he'd do the instruction just to see what he'd get next (if it wasn't what he'd wanted he'd sit back and give 'that' look). The trainers were very nice and called him 'an old soul'.....I called him something else haha!

When you do get them working though they do great as they are so smart. My boy passed with flying colours and has done some agility, going for Canine Good Citizen certification next :)

I think Billy was a male model in a previous life :D

Billy can be very stubborn so I guess he isn't perfect but the most important thing is that he is perfect for us and we love him for who he is and I'm pretty sure he likes us as well.

/quote]

Val, you may find yourself being the entourage for Billy, the Super Model. :)

I know butt-planting! My Angel, the Tibibie, would do that. She didn't believe in walking far, & signified her limit by planting her tiny golden bottom on the ground.... as if nailed there. But, turn around to go home.... & she'd trot along like an angel. I got the idea of taking Brockie the Tibbie next door who loved walking. At first, when Angel would jib, Brockie would lick her all over the face... 'Come on, Angel.' Didn't move, of course. Even Brockie gave up.... his attitude became, 'Leave the blonde behind!'

And Brockie? Well, he adored his 'Dad'. A real man's dog. If his 'Dad' said, 'Walk on hot coals!', Brockie would do it. But, if we women gave him an order, he'd soooooooo grudgingly comply. A male chauvinist dog. :)

I've always 'trained' our Tibbies in-home. Couldn't face the tibbie attitude at a bunch of dogs going around doing what someone else told them. :) 'The point of this is...?' Best of luck!

Edited by mita

Foot-note: getting the paperwork ready to make Billy's adoption official and I noticed that Billy had his first birthday on the very same day that the trial ended and Val notified me that yes, he had his forever home with her....fantastic birthday present for the gorgeous boy!

smile.gif It was definitely meant to be!

Port Stephens Animals In Need is the FB page for that pound, when I looked no Tibbies but there was a JRT cross with silky hair (surrendered with a Chi cross) that may have been misidentified as a Tibbie. That pair were surrendered late August and went to rescue. Nothing very recent, so possibly that page has not been updated.

Cat, can you please tell us where you heard about the Tibbie at Port Stephens?

Port Stephens Animals In Need is the FB page for that pound, when I looked no Tibbies but there was a JRT cross with silky hair (surrendered with a Chi cross) that may have been misidentified as a Tibbie. That pair were surrendered late August and went to rescue. Nothing very recent, so possibly that page has not been updated.

I found that FB page, too. The little one labelled ChiX, did have a faint 'Tibbie' look.

It seems the Newcastle Rescue, takes from Port Stephens.