Advice On Introducing Two Dogs

Perry's Mum

Try the chip number on petaddress. If it cannot tell you the registry, you will need to check with the NSW govt registry to see if it is listed there (best to ask one of the helpful NSW DOLer rescue people to check the number for you). Once you know the registry, you can go to that registry's website and follow the procedures for change of ownership.

If it doesn't come up as belonging to any register, then you can register it with whichever registry you like best. I suggest whichever one Perry is registered with, so that you only need to contact one registry for both dogs if you need to change details like phone number or address.

I have come across a couple of dogs that had been chipped but the chip not registered, when that happens you register that chip number with whichever registry you like. I have come across dogs that were registered with a number similar to a series used for goats or other farm animals and have assumed they were born on a farm so I know what you mean by weird numbers!

If she is on a registry, don't panic. No doubt the pound tried to contact the listed owners without luck. You will probably be asked for a statutory declaration, then she will be in your name.

The truce they have both come to is quite good for this fairly early stage and a good basis for a happy family. Well done!thumbsup1.gif

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic