Heaps Of Stray Dogs In Detroit

gwp4me

How horrible for everybody there.

As an Australian, it's hard to imagine that the Federal government allows this carry on. I mean 50,000 stray dogs? Why doesn't the Federal government step in and eradicate these poor dogs, so the community can have some peace?

Why doesn't the Federal government step in and eradicate these poor dogs, so the community can have some peace?

I suspect any mass culling of dogs would present a significant political problem in the US. Tho' honestly in this case it sounds like it's what is required. And at the least some funding for euth and rangers would help.

Why doesn't the Federal government step in and eradicate these poor dogs, so the community can have some peace?

I suspect any mass culling of dogs would present a significant political problem in the US. Tho' honestly in this case it sounds like it's what is required. And at the least some funding for euth and rangers would help.

The Animal Rights nuts would revolt. They'd rather see dogs die of starvation, mange, distemper, rabies and parvo than be culled.

I lived a 45 minute drive from Detroit and I have to say it was the shock of my life to visit that city particularly at night. Picture Sydney City smashed and abandoned. :(

They probably will cull. But I doubt they even have the money to buy the bullets.