Spottybox Subscription

Beckybecbec

oooohh I might sign up too. Thanks for the code!

There's a few companies that do this. A few others are Olly's box, Ruvbox and PawBag

They all look good. :o I might subscribe to one for the cat too..

Hi friends & fur-babies,

If you have any questions or concerns about Olly's Box, please do let me know :)

Regards,

Drewe & Olly *ruff*

Edited by OllysBox

There was actually some discussion about Spottybox on one of the FB dog groups I'm in and people were pretty disappointed.

One person actually worked out the retail (not wholesale) value on the items in her box and it came to only $30.86.

Personally, I think these are just companies jumping on the monthly-boxes-of-shit bandwagon without any real clue of what they're doing. I tried Pawbag (which asks you to include your dog's breed) and for my very large dogs, they sent tiny toys that a greyhound could easily swallow whole- and most of it was cheap rubbish. Some of the toys I recognised from Ebay, available in bulk from a Chinese wholesaler.

Given the amount of crap you'll get but not want or use, I think most people would be better off just buying the treats or toys their dog actually likes.

There was actually some discussion about Spottybox on one of the FB dog groups I'm in and people were pretty disappointed.

One person actually worked out the retail (not wholesale) value on the items in her box and it came to only $30.86.

Personally, I think these are just companies jumping on the monthly-boxes-of-shit bandwagon without any real clue of what they're doing. I tried Pawbag (which asks you to include your dog's breed) and for my very large dogs, they sent tiny toys that a greyhound could easily swallow whole- and most of it was cheap rubbish. Some of the toys I recognised from Ebay, available in bulk from a Chinese wholesaler.

Given the amount of crap you'll get but not want or use, I think most people would be better off just buying the treats or toys their dog actually likes.

Yes that was the conclusion I came to.

Good morning,

We've also heard reports of poor quality / inexpensive toys being included in some subscription services.

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and knowing what dogs and their owners want; we put a lot of time and effort in to source only quality and unique toys and treats. We're currently working with a handful of boutique treat companies and the feedback from our customers is very positive :)

Happy to answer any questions you have regarding Olly's Box.

Cheers,

Drewe

See, if I was going to get a subscription box for my dogs, and I looked into many because I love random mail :laugh: I'd want things I couldn't easily buy in the shops ... and none of them offered that. Even that OllyBox, it's got products you buy at Woolies. For something that price, I'd want something my local supermarket doesn't sell for $5 and you're reselling to me at 5 times the price.

I don't known people jumping in and cashing up on peoples willingness to spend money on gimmicks, but until something unique is offered, I'm just not buying it.

See, if I was going to get a subscription box for my dogs, and I looked into many because I love random mail :laugh: I'd want things I couldn't easily buy in the shops ... and none of them offered that. Even that OllyBox, it's got products you buy at Woolies. For something that price, I'd want something my local supermarket doesn't sell for $5 and you're reselling to me at 5 times the price.

I don't known people jumping in and cashing up on peoples willingness to spend money on gimmicks, but until something unique is offered, I'm just not buying it.

Hi!

Well said, and I totally agree. I wouldn't want to be paying 5 times the price for anything, or more for items that I can buy at Woolies/Coles.

We've actually changed our product offering since our website was created, and really do need to update our photos; I'll be taking care of this ASAP :)

Drewe

Olly'sBox, what sort of products do you offer in the box if you don't stock items you can get at Woolies/Coles? Can you give us some examples?

Can someone please create a CleanRun box. :laugh: How about including products marketed towards crazy dog ladies who do crazy things like dog sports. :laugh:

I'd want to subscribe to a box for both my dog and cat, but if the items inside are poor quality especially with my cat who is super fussy, I can see it being a huge waste of money.

Olly'sBox, what sort of products do you offer in the box if you don't stock items you can get at Woolies/Coles? Can you give us some examples?

Can someone please create a CleanRun box. :laugh: How about including products marketed towards crazy dog ladies who do crazy things like dog sports. :laugh:

I'd want to subscribe to a box for both my dog and cat, but if the items inside are poor quality especially with my cat who is super fussy, I can see it being a huge waste of money.

Hi silentchild,

Each box is slightly different, and we really do work with customers to match their dogs likes/dislikes, size and personality.

We have customers with rough dogs who love 'death-shaking' their toys, for these customers we have, in the past, sourced tough toys from companies such as Aussie Dog, Gummi Pet, and Kyjen.

Several customers have little dogs ("lap dogs" if you will) and have indicated they like soft and chewy toys, for these dogs we have provided toys from JW Pet (as they are chewy and taste/smell great!!) as well as toys from Hamish McBeth and Haute Diggity Dog.

Treats wise, we're working with several small dog-bakeries - macaroons, unique flavoured cookies, carob bars, etc.

I like your idea of a CleanRun box, LOL!

Drewe

I was tempted to sign up for a 12 month subscription to PawBag when I first saw it but restrained myself and decided to trial a single month first. So glad I did becaue I won't be buying again. It asked me to put in the breed and age of my pet (maltese, and just a baby at 5 months). There were very few items in the package and two of the soft toys he destroyed in a day or so and had to be thrown away! Other items in the package I have seen in retail stores. I too love the idea of surprise parcels in the mail, but only if they are good value for money ..... and last longer than 5 minutes!

I was tempted to sign up for a 12 month subscription to PawBag when I first saw it but restrained myself and decided to trial a single month first. So glad I did becaue I won't be buying again. It asked me to put in the breed and age of my pet (maltese, and just a baby at 5 months). There were very few items in the package and two of the soft toys he destroyed in a day or so and had to be thrown away! Other items in the package I have seen in retail stores. I too love the idea of surprise parcels in the mail, but only if they are good value for money ..... and last longer than 5 minutes!

Toys that last 5 minutes sure are a waste of time/money.

We've tested a lot of toys with Olly as he has grown up and it can be a hit/miss at times - there are some really great manufacturers and toys out there though. It does pay to stay away from the cheaper toys.

Edited by OllysBox