Good Gsd Breeders

Solo pup

Hi,

Are there any good working line German shepherd breeders that breed long coated sables?

Thinking of getting another after losing Solo.

You won't find any "good" working line breeders breeding for coat type and colour. Macklin and Monsimbee used to have some long coat working lines I recall, they are pretty rare though, plenty of show lines in long coat.

There are plenty of breeders around producing what they call 'old style' which seems to be a mix of working and show. I have seen a few longcoat sables oin websites. I'm a pure working person myself but you may find one of these will suit as well. Good luck with finding your new friend.

Alpinebase is another who have had coats and generally produce even temperaments in working lines with nothing too extreme in the trait spectrum.

Don't let Karl see you said that :laugh:

Oops :) How about a Fax son over a super hard Regalhaus bitch line bred on Mink litter I just spotted....now if I wasn't already over subscribed :idea:

Edited by Santo66

Oops :) How about a Fax son over a super hard Regalhaus bitch line bred on Mink litter I just spotted....now if I wasn't already over subscribed :idea:

in the immortal lyrics of Anthrax ... always room for one more :rofl:

I'm sometimes glad everything I want is overseas otherwise I'd be swimming in Malinois right now.

Thank you every one for the ideas,

Just want a nice stable dog, for sport and maybe to work with the other half and who will also be a safe pet for the kids.

I will have a look at all the breeders suggested and see if I can find what iam looking for.

Just spent a weekend at a seminar from Kris (Von Forell) and seeing his understanding of breeding and training, and a bunch of amazing examples he has bred... if I wanted a working Shepherd he'd be the one I'd be going for.

Kris is a great salesman, one of the best :thumbsup:

Edited by Santo66

Monsimbee have a litter coming up they also have sables and the occasional LSC. You will find out more on their website and also on their facebook page. Just search Monsimbee German Shepherds and it will come up. Good luck.

Just want a nice stable dog, for sport and maybe to work with the other half and who will also be a safe pet for the kids.

I will have a look at all the breeders suggested and see if I can find what iam looking for.

If you want a worker buy from working proven parents, if you can see the parents for their sociability and workability even better. A good worker is not always a good family dog and vice versa.

If you want a worker buy from working proven parents, if you can see the parents for their sociability and workability even better. A good worker is not always a good family dog and vice versa.

A good working prospect in a GSD that isn't a good pet prospect is a poor breeding. Single tasking GSD's, that is examples lacking the versatility to be taken down any training path suitable for the breed and a companion animal is one of those breed paths is merely a reason to justify a lack of quality. A good working line GSD untrained should neither be aggressive nor prey driven to the point of the inability to relax. The problem where this occurs as Nekhbet points out which in the breed is unfortunately true, is that many lack the training ability to take a good dog down a particular path needing extremes at each end of the spectrum to achieve their goals where they breed in accordance with the type of dog more easily adaptable to their specialities contradictory of what the GSD breed standards requires of them.

Monsimbee have a litter coming up they also have sables and the occasional LSC. You will find out more on their website and also on their facebook page. Just search Monsimbee German Shepherds and it will come up. Good luck.

Eeee I looked and I shouldn't have!!! I want a puppy :laugh: