Dooshing Windows

Kajirin

Not a good morning :( Scout dooshed the front door window and shattered it [it was a small pane] but lacerated both front legs. Straight off to the 24 hour emergency vet which gladly was only 15 mins away. They applied pressure bandages, had a quick look at the damage. He's got a deep cut on the right upper front leg and the left lower leg was worse with ligament damage. Had to leave him there and they will do surgery on him [glad he hadn't had his breakfast]. Estimated bill of $1300 which in all things considered isn't that bad considering it's Sunday morning. Just hoping he'll be ok...am not in panic mode yet. But am worried with him going under anesthetic being a brachy breed and older [he's 7 now].

But his colour was good and heart rate, breathing was good, he'd lost a fair bit of blood [he was attempting his inner Pro Hart on the tiles].

/sigh but am glad he got to the vet quick and also thankful for DOL as I remember reading years ago on here about memorizing your nearest vet and also emergency vet in case of accidents. Which came in handy this morning :) I had morning brain fuzz but remembered what I needed to.

Edited by Noishe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and now it's been made public, when we arrived at the vet there were dog police vans and police there, poor police dog had been stabbed in the chest and was in critical condition.

SA Police News

A police dog has been stabbed and a man has been arrested following a disturbance at Elizabeth Vale a short time ago. Elizabeth Police with the aid of police dog patrol were attempting to arrest a man armed with a knife at the intersection of John Rice Avenue and Philip Highway, when the armed suspect stabbed the police dog in the chest. The man has since been arrested and has been restrained. He has been taken to the Elizabeth Police Station to be interviewed. The police dog has been rushed to a vet for treatment with the injury considered life threatening.

I went up to them and said that I hoped their dog would be ok and thanked them for all the work they do. They looked so upset :(

Edited by Noishe

I hope Scout recovers well. Silly dog, what was he thinking?

I couldn't be in Dog Squad because if someone stabbed my dog I'd shoot them. I have a much higher regard for the life of a dog than some moron that would hurt them and I'd be a liability to the Police Force. I really hope the police dog recovers too. :(

I couldn't be in Dog Squad because if someone stabbed my dog I'd shoot them. I have a much higher regard for the life of a dog than some moron that would hurt them and I'd be a liability to the Police Force. I really hope the police dog recovers too. :(

I would be the same!

I hope Scouts surgery goes smoothly, and that he recovers quickly. I have been lucky that despite Loki smashing 6 windows (by jumping through them) the worst he's done is graze a little skin off his leg.

My advice would be to get that window replaced with say, a 6mm laminated glass so that he can't smash it by accident again.

Edited by Ruffles

Ah no :( it is police dog Koda who has been in the headlines a lot of late catching many criminals - news so far isn't good from what I'm reading.

ETA: latest news is he's in recovery now :thumbsup:

Edited by Noishe

I want to replace it with safety glass or something and also cover all the 6 lower panels so they can't been seen out of to stop future dooshing. Just glad it was a small window and he didn't cut his neck or chest open

Edited by Noishe

Please use laminated glass, not safety glass (toughened glass). Safety glass is designed to shatter into a million tiny pieces if broken. Laminated glass will crack, but no shards or pieces to cut yourself on will fall out as the broken glass is between two sheets of laminate

Edited by Ruffles

Please use laminated glass, not safety glass (toughened glass). Safety glass is designed to shatter into a million tiny pieces if broken. Laminated glass will crack, but no shards or pieces to cut yourself on will fall out as the broken glass is between two sheets of laminate

Ah thank you, didn't know about the difference. Laminated makes much more sense :thumbsup:

Ah thank you, didn't know about the difference. Laminated makes much more sense :thumbsup:

I only know this because I had to replace the same window 3 times, and it took me that many times to realise I actually needed laminated glass :laugh:

Ah good news on Koda

SA Police News

Hi everyone, Koda the Police Dog here. My friends at the Media Section have let me log on here to give you an update on how I’m feeling.

I’m a bit sore, but am starting to feel better. My handler and the rest of my collies……oops, I mean colleagues (it’s hard typing with paws!) at the Dog Operations Unit will be looking after me over the next couple of weeks, and I’m sure I’ll be back on patrol soon.

Thanks for all your messages of support, it has brought a wag to my tail!

Anyway, I can hear my dog bed calling me, so I had better go and get some rest.

Woof at you soon,

Koda!

Hoping to hear some good news for Scout - feeling somewhat anxious now [think it finally kicked in after the numbness of shock wore off]

An update - apparently Scout is ok and in recovery. Vet nurse wasn't sure if he was to be able to come home or not tonight as they may want to keep him in overnight. Waiting to hear back as the vet was in a consultation at the time.

Also news on Koda

SA Police News

Police Dog Koda is now in a stable condition after being stabbed twice this morning at Elizabeth Vale. He is pictured here recovering after surgery. Thanks everyone for your concern and best wishes.

A man has been arrested and charged with numerous offences following several incidents at Elizabeth Vale this morning where a police dog was stabbed.

From about 7.30am this morning, Elizabeth Police were searching for a man allegedly armed with a knife who had tried to steal a car at Elizabeth South. A short later the same man allegedly broke into several homes at nearby Hogarth Road Elizabeth Vale. Police patrols with assistance of a police dog patrol located the armed man and he was pursued on foot over fences and through a nearby reserve. At the intersection of John Rice Avenue and Philip Highway police dog Koda was released by his handler to stop the armed man. Koda detained the suspect, who then allegedly stabbed the dog on two occasions. The armed man was then quickly restrained and arrested by police patrols. Police dog Koda a German Shepherd, was rushed to a nearby Vet by his handler and has since undergone emergency surgery and is now in a stable condition. The 30 year-old man from no fixed place, has been charged with attempt aggravated robbery, four counts of theft, aggravated serious criminal trespass after he broke into two homes, aggravated assault police, property damage and injure animal. The arrested man has been refused police bail and will appear in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court tomorrow

post-10065-0-04802500-1377421404_thumb.jpg