Flight Costs ?

pepe001

As a guide, based on information provided $165.00 (Melbourne Airport to Brisbane Airport) including new PP40 crate which owners can keep. (Unaccompanied rate)

Expect to pay around $140.00 including crate hire for accompanied rate (Virgin) plus your ticket price.

On the east coast you should be able to take them within your luggage allowance with Qantas so you could pack all your clothes in your carry on and check the pup as your luggage allowance and have a trip up yourself for that cost :p

Unless that has changed and you now have to pay Wayrod?

Edited by kelpiecuddles

I am also curious without making another thread.

I am bringing an Aussie shep pup from Melb to Adel ..I was wondering if it would be better to fly to Melb then fly back the same day and have the puppy as extra luggage? Or just use a company to bring him here to us?

I am bringing an Aussie shep pup from Melb to Adel ..I was wondering if it would be better to fly to Melb then fly back the same day and have the puppy as extra luggage? Or just use a company to bring him here to us?

It depends if you want to have a holiday/break and pickup your puppy up at same time.

Airfares from Adelaide to Melbourne and return may outweight any potential cost savings by not sending puppy by consigned freight.

Passenger Airfare Adl/Mel/Adl is say $65.00 each way so $130.00 plus crate hire $45.00 = $175.00 even before any airline charges for Passenger animal.

As consigned freight Melbourne/Adelaide including new crate as a guide is approx $145.00.

Also all pets have to be lodged at freight centre at Melbourne which is approx 1.5km away from terminal, so you may require a taxi (or walk 3 km) plus animals must be lodged 1.5-2.0 hours before schedule departure time (whether passenger animal or consigned freight).

If you were coming to Melbourne anyway, then there may be a benefit but if you were making a special flying visit then costs of fares etc may outweight any perceived savings.

Edited by wayrod

Wow, we paid $4000 for two dogs, 1 cat, 6 large parrots and a budgie to get from home to the airport in Melbourne then to Sydney and then driven to Nowra including crate hire and boarding for about 3 weeks so that much just for the trip seemed like a lot to me.

It depends if you want to have a holiday/break and pickup your puppy up at same time.

Airfares from Adelaide to Melbourne and return may outweight any potential cost savings by not sending puppy by consigned freight.

Passenger Airfare Adl/Mel/Adl is say $65.00 each way so $130.00 plus crate hire $45.00 = $175.00 even before any airline charges for Passenger animal.

As consigned freight Melbourne/Adelaide including new crate as a guide is approx $145.00.

Also all pets have to be lodged at freight centre at Melbourne which is approx 1.5km away from terminal, so you may require a taxi (or walk 3 km) plus animals must be lodged 1.5-2.0 hours before schedule departure time (whether passenger animal or consigned freight).

If you were coming to Melbourne anyway, then there may be a benefit but if you were making a special flying visit then costs of fares etc may outweight any perceived savings.

Thank you for the detailed reply, Appreciate that heaps!

I rang 1 company today (Dogtainers) and have been quoted $134 including create hire for 10kg from Melbourne to Adelaide.

Thank you for the detailed reply, Appreciate that heaps!

I rang 1 company today (Dogtainers) and have been quoted $134 including create hire for 10kg from Melbourne to Adelaide.

Glad the information may have helped!

Hire crate is normally about $10.00 cheaper ($45.00-Hire crate) than purchase crate @ $55.00 for purchase new PP40 crate, some companies sell PP40 for as much as $98.00) With a puppy at 10kg Mel/Adl, pricing as a guide should be around the $125.00-$135.00.