Unbelievable

Mags

I can not stand my in-laws and today just took the cake. They have recently lost their lab x kelpie at 15. A beautiful little dog that was reasonably well looked after but we had to nag them on lots of occasions about vet checks, vacs etc. Well she became ill was not eating well and they eventually took her to the vet bloodwork came back showing she was in end stage renal failure. Instead of taking her back to the vet as he suggested they shopped around for the cheapest deal they could get on euthanasa - now if they were poor I could understand it but they are very well off. So why take the poor little buggar miles to be put down by the RSPCA instead of taking her to the vet she knows. :):) I am so angry at them they seriously only care about themselves and their bloody money. They are just hateful people.

Uncaring mongrels. :)

When we had our old girl put to sleep a few years back, she was 16 and very nervous of vet waiting rooms, would get herself in quite a state. She was quite happily lying in the back of our station wagon and the vet came out to her. She was not stressed or upset in the slightest. Just went to sleep with her family around her.

Who knows - because they could would be my thought - my OH said so people would think they were "nice". To be honest I was surprised they took her for blood tests without having to be hounded into it. If we never saw them again it would be too soon.

I hate that :thumbsup:

My parents made a rose garden a few years ago... and left a big spot feel so they could out old boy in there when the time comes (very close now..)

He is the sweetest boy (staffie) but turns aggressive at the vets... We will be getting him PTS at home...

I dont give a rats about the price. (my vet said i am one of the few who never asks for prices, if they need the care they get it. Lucky my vet doesnt mind if i only pay $10 a week off!)

If only all pets could be loved like ours

Cin

I can understand how you are feeling about the poor dog. We have just lost our beloved Rhys. Our Vet Put him to sleep in my arms in the back of our Urvan, A place he knew and loved and was familiar with. I told him to Go to sleep for Mum and gently he slipped away. The last thing he saw was me looking into his eyes. the last thing he felt was my arms around him and the last thing he heard was his Mum's voice telling him to go to sleep. He is buried in our special place we reserve for our dogs in the Rose Garden. I feel so sorry your inlaws dog didn't have the same beautiful experience.

You feel very angry now but the little dog is at peace and your anger and pain will ease with time. Lets hope your unfeeling inlaws don't have another dog. Much sympathy. Margaret