Name Help

SkySoaringMagpie

Looking for some name help as Google is not throwing up anything sounding that promising.

I'm after ideas for a male Saluki call name on the theme of "gold" or "golden". I have settled on the reg name I want, it's Arabic meaning "hero of gold" but it does not pass the porch test at all so I can't adapt it for the call name.

Looking for some name help as Google is not throwing up anything sounding that promising.

I'm after ideas for a male Saluki call name on the theme of "gold" or "golden". I have settled on the reg name I want, it's Arabic meaning "hero of gold" but it does not pass the porch test at all so I can't adapt it for the call name.

Midas - king that transformed everything into gold

Bowie - golden-haired

Ora - light, golden life

Paz - golden

I liked Goldie :laugh:

Zeri is a gold thread, middle eastern.

Sari is blonde, Turkish

Boyd means blonde too but is Celtic, wrong region I guess.

Not on the gold theme, but Zidan/ Zeydan are names that come from the Arabic for ' to add', and you have added a few 'lukis lately!

Maybe Dosh,slang for money, taking a wider slant on gold, lol.

Edited by Diva

Alamar - Arabic and means coated in gold.

Bahru - Sanskrit for gold

Kingo - Japanese for "our gold"

Rezart - Albanian for golden ray

My favourite is Alamar.

Mine also... after Nigel or maybe Graham.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Zohar is nice, but I had a Zohra so probably biased. :) Jarah is pretty too, while still being masculine.

When I named my second to last, one of my public servant friends formed an 'ad hoc naming committee' amongst our mutual (non-doggy non-show)friends and they all got to make nominations and lobby, before finalising their advice. It was hilarious in a very Canberra-centric way.....

Edited by Diva