Do Dogs Have A Sense Of Humour?

Blackdogs

Amber definitely had a sense of humour. One day a friend, Peter, was visiting and accidentally stepped on her paw - she was not impressed despite his heartfelt apologies and spent the rest of the afternoon lying with her backside towards him and farting. A few months later he visited again and was wearing thongs on his feet, Amber walked up to him, trod heavily on his toes, and sat down with a very satisfied look on her face - a look which clearly said "So, how do you like having your paws trodden on Peter".

Skeeter, my Samoyed, has a sense of humour.... he is so goofy and so funny. I laugh with and at him everyday.

9726609231_f0bf211a61.jpg

This is where and how Skeeter says Hi to people walking pass our house.. you always know he scared someone because he is barking as though he is laughing!!!

haha that looks so funny :laugh: popping out of the shrubbery

I also love this !! How funny is gorgeous Skeeter, " hi folk's" LOL

In my opinion, some dogs do have a sense of humour. Quite a few of my dogs have shown this. And because science can't prove something doesn't mean it isn't so.

:thumbsup: and scientists are such a serious bunch themselves. :laugh:

I am a scientist. Maybe I'm too literal and sometimes lack humor. Some scientists are great jokers (for example, have a read of Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! (Adventures of a Curious Character)). But you got it all wrong. No scientist worth his/her salt tries to prove anything. Science can only disprove; it cannot prove. See any discussion of scientific method.

As for dogs, most of them have some sense of humor, but some are dead serious. I love this trait, and wish there were a way to select for it in puppy temperament testing. But, alas, the dog world generally lacks humor, and have made little effort to recognize or evaluate this most endearring trait in dogs.

Edited by sandgrubber